ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension - Maintenance, Earnings, Biometric

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1happy
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Extension - Maintenance, Earnings, Biometric

Post by t1happy » Mon May 30, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you for such a great forum, gave me a lot of invaluable information.

I'm due to extend Tier 1 General visa at PEO. I have the following questions:

1. I have booked online for "PEO Tier 1/5 Biometric Desk - Online." Is this correct for Tier 1 General extension? Also does it mean I have to take Biometrics? If so, would it be done on the day or do I need to make a separate booking? (found an answer - it's the correct option and biometrics done on the day) . See the recent post at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79254

2. Maintenance funds - is it 90 days from the date of the application? For example, if my appointment is on 1st June, do I need to show evidence 90 days up to 1st June inclusive? Would it be acceptable to show bank statements covering 90 days period up to 13th May? Also can I use the same bank statement used in evidence for 12months earnings? (found evidence that people have been successful with last 3 bank statements - also be careful Feb only has 28 days)

3. Earnings - if paid a salary, the earnings I can claim is a gross figure however naturally the bank statement shows only the net pay. Is it sufficient to show matching bank statements and pay slips? Are there any other evidence required?

4. If applying in person do I get to keep all my supporting documentation and/or passports? Or do they keep the current passport and send it back to me in the post? Would it also be the case if only BRP is issued?

I would be grateful for the answers and hopefully this post can also help others once answers are posted.

Cheers

t1happy
Newly Registered

Post by t1happy » Tue May 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Anybody fancy answering my questions 3 and 4? Cheers

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General Extension - Maintenance, Earnings, Biomet

Post by ddb » Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 pm

t1happy wrote:3. Earnings - if paid a salary, the earnings I can claim is a gross figure however naturally the bank statement shows only the net pay. Is it sufficient to show matching bank statements and pay slips? Are there any other evidence required?

Formal payslips and bank statements would suffice. If payslips are printed out on ordinary paper, they must be stamped with the official company stamp and signed, or a letter from the employer confirming your earnings should be attached.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:33 am

on 4..

you get your passport back if your visa application is successful or rejected.

If they wish to hold your application for further query (which effectively means your case is as good as a postal case), you handover the passport and get it back by post only after caseworker has finshed working like any other postal case.

For 1-3, you know everything. Answers are:

Yes
Yes
Yes (Latest bank stament date must be >=1st May for an application on 1st June).