ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions - probably FAQs

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simonas
Newly Registered

Some questions - probably FAQs

Post by Simonas » Tue May 31, 2011 1:16 pm

I am completely new, planing to apply for PSW for October, have some questions

1. What is Biometric Residence Permit and where/how can I get it?

2. Is Birth Certificate compulsory to submit?

3. What is Home Office reference number? and Points Based System migrant reference number?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Some questions - probably FAQs

Post by terriblescream » Tue May 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Simonas wrote:I am completely new, planing to apply for PSW for October, have some questions

1. What is Biometric Residence Permit and where/how can I get it?

2. Is Birth Certificate compulsory to submit?

3. What is Home Office reference number? and Points Based System migrant reference number?
1. BRP is the your permission to stay in the UK "Leave to Remain in the UK" or also known as Visa, when you make an application for PSW instead of a sticker/vignette going into your passport you will be issued with a BRP.

2. No birth certificate needed for PSW

4. HO Ref is the is your last application reference, PBS is your last ref number for your leave to remain, evne if you dont have them it is okay, they can still locate it but having these numbers make it easy for them!

RWA
Newly Registered

Post by RWA » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:10 am

I dont mean to intrude on your post, but since the question was related, I thought I'd post here.

I applied for my visa from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Received passport with the visa (entry clearance sticker), with all original documents.

No mention of a BRP card.

Which seemed a little odd to me, since every successful application has a BRP card, instead of a sticker. Is this something which will be separately issued? Or I would need to look into once I land in the UK?

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:37 am

RWA wrote:I dont mean to intrude on your post, but since the question was related, I thought I'd post here.

I applied for my visa from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Received passport with the visa (entry clearance sticker), with all original documents.

Which seemed a little odd to me, since every successful application has a BRP card, instead of a sticker. Is this something which will be separately issued? Or I would need to look into once I land in the UK?
BRP is only for incountry applicants .. in your case the visa stampled on your passport is enough..

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:14 pm

RWA wrote:I dont mean to intrude on your post, but since the question was related, I thought I'd post here.

As my post says it is for Leave to Remain in the UK and not for Entry Clearance applications or in other words,

BRP is for people who apply to extend their permission in the UK/Switch or apply for lost/stolen VISA in certain categories not all. Tier 1 is one of them.

All out-of-UK applicants are still issued with sticker/vignette in their passport. :)