ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danysoho

help

Post by danysoho » Tue May 31, 2011 9:13 pm

wot is the minimun i need to earn in the uk for extension? as i work outside the uk. ta

akash08

Re: help

Post by akash08 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:39 pm

danysoho wrote:wot is the minimun i need to earn in the uk for extension? as i work outside the uk. ta

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Where exactly outside UK? Also You can't apply uplift ratio for extension.

So convert your earnings to GBP and then look at the guidance notes.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:03 am

Celtic wrote:Also You can't apply uplift ratio for extension.

I might be wrong here, but having gone through the current Tier 1 (General) policy guidance, it seems like one can now apply the uplift ratio for extension. In the previous policy guidance it was clearly stated that an uplift ratio would not be applied in an extension. The same statement is no where to be found in the current policy guidance. Just something i noted.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 am

danysoho wrote:wot is the minimun i need to earn in the uk for extension? as i work outside the uk. ta

Below is an excerpt from the policy guidance;

126. If an applicant has claimed points in
the section for previous earnings, and these
were for earnings made both in the United
Kingdom and outside the United Kingdom, at
least £25,000 of the earnings must be United
Kingdom earnings to receive the points for
UK.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:14 am

ddb wrote:I might be wrong here, but having gone through the current Tier 1 (General) policy guidance, it seems like one can now apply the uplift ratio for extension. In the previous policy guidance it was clearly stated that an uplift ratio would not be applied in an extension. The same statement is no where to be found in the current policy guidance. Just something i noted.
See para 108 of the policy guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 am

Ah see :).

Good eye Sushdmehta.

Celtic, pardon my oversight :).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 am

ddb wrote:126. If an applicant has claimed points in
the section for previous earnings, and these
were for earnings made both in the United
Kingdom and outside the United Kingdom, at
least £25,000 of the earnings must be United
Kingdom earnings to receive the points for
UK.
This is what one needs to earn in the UK to claim points for "UK experience", which may not necessarily be the same to what one needs to "earn in the UK to qualify for extension".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:44 am

sushdmehta wrote:This is what one needs to earn in the UK to claim points for "UK experience", which may not necessarily be the same to what one needs to "earn in the UK to qualify for extension".
Agreed.

Also, in another scenario, if one somehow manages to earn the amount required, outside the UK, no points would be awarded for 'UK Experience' and hence the person looses out on qualifying for an extension. Basically, one should at least earn £25,000 in the UK, and can earn whatever balance is needed (if they can) outside the UK. Just saying :).

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:35 am

Reading through this post , generally what is the criteria to claim the 5 points for UK experience?
Is it 12 months continuous employment(any salary? or have to be above a specific amount)

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:45 am

[quoteAgreed.

Also, in another scenario, if one somehow manages to earn the amount required, outside the UK, no points would be awarded for 'UK Experience' and hence the person looses out on qualifying for an extension. Basically, one should at least earn £25,000 in the UK, and can earn whatever balance is needed (if they can) outside the UK. Just saying :).
[/quote]

No. One can still qualify for extension if they do not have UK experience e.g. earnings below £ 25,000 in UK in the example above.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 pm

tier1_applicant wrote:
ddb wrote:Agreed.

No. One can still qualify for extension if they do not have UK experience e.g. earnings below £ 25,000 in UK in the example above.
Hmm. Looking at the scenario again, your right. One can still qualify for an extension without having to claim points under 'UK Experience'; as long as they are able to claim enough points from the other attributes to match the required points needed under Attributes.

danysoho

Post by danysoho » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:34 pm

thanx boyz, wot r the accepted income from over see? ''prove'' could sum pne earn from oversee while his physicay in the uk? ta

danysoho

help

Post by danysoho » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:35 pm

thanx boyz, wot r the accepted income from over see? ''prove'' could sum one earn from oversee while his physicay in the uk? ta

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:45 pm

You cannot seriously be asking this question. There are various different things which affects the amount of points you earn (as you might have realised in your initial application) - it all depends on your age and qualification as to how much you should be earning. Someone that's 28 with a PhD will have completely different earnings requirements to someone who's 35 with a bachelors. Look at the guidance.