ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:02 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:Brown Envelope means all correspondence from HO or most of the Government authorities are in brown envelopes. This doesn't mean that refusal or approvals would be in different colours.
ok i understand that but if we send our own special delivery prepaid envelope, dose they send it back to that or they still use their own envelope.
nazia x
For postal application HO will use your prepaid special delivery envelope to send the original documents back. Mostly the approval letter will accompany the original documents in prepaid envelope.

For NCS application they may not use the prepaid envelope. Prepaid envelope will be returned with the approval letter unused.

wptotier177
Newly Registered

Processing timeline and HMRC checks

Post by wptotier177 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:23 pm

Hello, I applied for my citizenship by post of 17th May and I am a little worried because of an odd circumstance.
I am employed and don't have any other income so I have never filed my tax returns directly. For the last two years, I am working for a small start up and i came to know that they have not filed their tax returns for the last two years and HMRC have not been informed that I am now employed with them. However, they have issued me with payslips and P60's. I registered for self assessment and managed to file the returns for the last two financial years by 26th May using details from my P60. I have also written to HMRC about this enclosing my P60's and a letter of employment issued by my employer.

I understand that UKBA make checks with HMRC about my tax status. I am worried whether my tax returns reached HMRC before UKBA made their enquiry.
My timeline is as follows:
Date of posting: 17-May-2011
Date of filing tax return: 26-May-2011
Date money taken from credit card: 26-May-2011

I assumed that UKBA would not start any processing until they have processed my fee. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:26 pm

nax_72 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:Brown Envelope means all correspondence from HO or most of the Government authorities are in brown envelopes. This doesn't mean that refusal or approvals would be in different colours.
ok i understand that but if we send our own special delivery prepaid envelope, dose they send it back to that or they still use their own envelope.
nazia x
For postal application HO will use your prepaid special delivery envelope to send the original documents back. Mostly the approval letter will accompany the original documents in prepaid envelope.

For NCS application they may not use the prepaid envelope. Prepaid envelope will be returned with the approval letter unused.
ok thanks nax_72.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue May 31, 2011 7:43 pm

understand that UKBA make checks with HMRC about my tax status. I am worried whether my tax returns reached HMRC before UKBA made their enquiry.
You have done your bit, shouldnt have any problems; your employer may!!
UKBA will not go rushing and check with HMRC, your application will take at least a couple of weeks to be scanned into their system.

I think UKBA can check any tax outstandings from HMRC using your ref no, thats all that they need to know. Your tax returns are electronically regd with HMRC, so you should not have any problems.
All the best

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: Processing timeline and HMRC checks

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:41 pm

wptotier177 wrote:Hello, I applied for my citizenship by post of 17th May and I am a little worried because of an odd circumstance.
I am employed and don't have any other income so I have never filed my tax returns directly. For the last two years, I am working for a small start up and i came to know that they have not filed their tax returns for the last two years and HMRC have not been informed that I am now employed with them. However, they have issued me with payslips and P60's. I registered for self assessment and managed to file the returns for the last two financial years by 26th May using details from my P60. I have also written to HMRC about this enclosing my P60's and a letter of employment issued by my employer.

I understand that UKBA make checks with HMRC about my tax status. I am worried whether my tax returns reached HMRC before UKBA made their enquiry.
My timeline is as follows:
Date of posting: 17-May-2011
Date of filing tax return: 26-May-2011
Date money taken from credit card: 26-May-2011

I assumed that UKBA would not start any processing until they have processed my fee. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
As long as your employer is paying tax that should be fine, in fact HMRC says that if you have only one source of income i mean job and tax is paid, you dont need to do self assessment again

Mozart
Newly Registered

Post by Mozart » Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Criteria :: WP, HSMP, Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Type :: NCS Epping
Date of submission..........................21/03/2011
Date application received by UKBA....22/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card.........25/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...30/03/2011 (dated 25/03/2011)
Date of receipt of approval..........27/05/2011 (dated 20/05/2011)
Date of ceremony.....................01/06/2011
Date of Passport Application.........02/06/2011 (planned)
Date of Passport Appointment.........PENDING
Date of Passport Receipt.............PENDING

IMS2011
Newly Registered

Post by IMS2011 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:03 am

hi, i called UKBA - still answer is "on going" and "gathering information". i offered any help to accelerate application then lady suggested to mail or fax to the case team. i'll try that in few days.

@ferarilondon - my case should clean, no conviction and tax issue. how can i get help from local MP? thanks

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:57 am

You can contact your local MP VIA www.contactthem.com, enter your post code and they will give you details about how to write to them.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:58 am

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:44 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Sorry its www.writetothem.com
better still, if you know the name of your mp, they all have a standard email address and canbe contacted directly.

surname & first letter of their christian name @ parliament.uk

for example Bob Builder builderb@parliament.uk

@ferrari, how long did it take for your approval letter to come through. I am still awaiting mine. as posted earlier, the descision was taken last Thursday

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:09 am

My decision was made on 24th May and I received on 27th May. Guess what I rang HO yesterday regarding my Invitation letter and the adviser told me that no letter had been sent out to me yet :? . When I told him that I already got the approval letter he then apologised and said that our system takes some time to update i.e they are still using some 20th Century software lol

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:54 am

ferrarilondon wrote:My decision was made on 24th May and I received on 27th May. Guess what I rang HO yesterday regarding my Invitation letter and the adviser told me that no letter had been sent out to me yet :? . When I told him that I already got the approval letter he then apologised and said that our system takes some time to update i.e they are still using some 20th Century software lol
I dont stand any chance of getting the letter this week...... what a shame:(

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:57 am

CRITERIA - :HSMP(JR) +14months ILR & MN1 for my child
NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission : 05/04/2011
HO received: 06/04/2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 19/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement dated 24/04/2011 (dated 19/04/11)
Date of Application scanned:16/05/2011
Date alloted to case worker: Still waiting
Date of receipt of approval: waiting for one
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Called HO today. Same old answer............in a que to be alloted to a case worker........lady kindly revealed a secret..........might take upto 6months
So they can postphone their duties till next bank holiday.Very frustating........

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:47 am

just to confirm, if you are PAYEE and have always been on PAYEE and receiving P60, you dont need to file tax unless asked by HMRC. anybody has any other experience? i talked to HMRC and they confirmed that no i dont have to file taxes.

also, can somebody please let me know what documents are required for naturalization. do we need p60 for all the years or just latest year? also, do they need marriage certificate if spouse is jointly filing even if the spouse has already got ILR.

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by tiru_013 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 am

Criteria :: HSMP(JR), 1 year ILR
Type :: NCS, Hounslow
Date of submission..........................18/11/2010
Date application received by UKBA....20/11/2010
Date of debit of credit card.........24/11/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...30/11/2011
Date of receipt of approval..........PENDING
Date of ceremony.....................PENDING
Date of Passport Application.........PENDING

Hi Ya,
It's been more than 6 months that I've applied for naturalisation. Whenever I call them, they say it's with a case worker and still undergoing enquiries. Out of curiosity, what sort of enquiries take more than 6 months to complete. Please throw me some light on this.

Thanks.

rightmove

Re: Timeline

Post by rightmove » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:07 pm

tiru_013 wrote:Criteria :: HSMP(JR), 1 year ILR

Hi Ya,
It's been more than 6 months that I've applied for naturalisation. Whenever I call them, they say it's with a case worker and still undergoing enquiries. Out of curiosity, what sort of enquiries take more than 6 months to complete. Please throw me some light on this.

Thanks.
how is it possible... such cases with home office are just scary... u shouldnt have to wait for 6 months to get naturalised.

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:12 pm

It is possible with my case :-(, don't know why. My case is straight forward. Been working in the same company for 5 years and no problems with tax related issues, no criminal/traffic offences. That's why it makes me curious regarding what sort of checks they do.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Criteria :: 1Yr student visa + 2yrs spouse visa +1month ILR
Type :: NCS, Wolvs
Date of submission..........................17/05/2011
Date application received by UKBA....NOT SURE
Date of debit of credit card.........26/05/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...01/06/2011 (dated 26/05/2011)
Date of ceremony....................PENDING

a speeding offence was commited on my car 6months ago,i wasnt the one driving at the time gave details to the police,i havent been contacted and no action has been taken since then,i explained to the lady at the NCS she made couple of calls and asked me to mention it on my app other than that no worries as i havent been charged nor convicted before...hope it comes back good...BIG CONGRAT TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE RECIEVED THERE APPROVAL AND ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US IN THE WAITIN CLUB...Cheers

khankhattak

Re: Timeline

Post by khankhattak » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 pm

rightmove wrote:
tiru_013 wrote:Criteria :: HSMP(JR), 1 year ILR

Hi Ya,

Thanks.
how is it possible... such cases with home office are just scary... u shouldnt have to wait for 6 months to get naturalised.
its nothing bro my cousin applied in aug 2008 and he got his approval letter last week
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 pm

hi bro, do you know more details why it got delayed that long. If you have any info can you please share it with us.

IMS2011
Newly Registered

Post by IMS2011 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:42 pm

@ferarilondon & lionking!

i meant what help can i ask from local MP?

I'll check with HMRC if there is any tax issue!!!!

it is 8-9 months in my case, i just want to get it over asap. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.[/list][/quote]

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:42 pm

tiru_013 wrote:hi bro, do you know more details why it got delayed that long. If you have any info can you please share it with us.
bcoz of his english test inquiry and HO took 3 years to sort that out
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:45 pm

thanks for the info bro. it's ridiculous. Anyway all is well at the end.

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 pm

@IMS2011
all the best mate. I know how frustrating it would be to wait that long. If you find out any possible means to speed up the process please share it with us.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:52 pm

forwardever wrote:Criteria :: 1Yr student visa + 2yrs spouse visa +1month ILR
Type :: NCS, Wolvs
Date of submission..........................17/05/2011
Date application received by UKBA....NOT SURE
Date of debit of credit card.........26/05/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...01/06/2011 (dated 26/05/2011)
Date of ceremony....................PENDING

a speeding offence was commited on my car 6months ago,i wasnt the one driving at the time gave details to the police,i havent been contacted and no action has been taken since then,i explained to the lady at the NCS she made couple of calls and asked me to mention it on my app other than that no worries as i havent been charged nor convicted before...hope it comes back good...BIG CONGRAT TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE RECIEVED THERE APPROVAL AND ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US IN THE WAITIN CLUB...Cheers
If you were not the driver driving the car, you have got nothing to worry about. Just relax.