ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student working over than 20hr per Week

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khurramrafiq

Student working over than 20hr per Week

Post by khurramrafiq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi

My friend is working more than 20 hr per week, his company is paying him directly into his bank account. He don't have any company opened (as he can't as student)

So what would be the implications if he will apply for PSW in future? will that incoming money in his account be considered?

I would appreciate your earliest response please..

Thanks in advance.

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 pm

On application form, applicant has to confirm if he has been in breach of their visa conditions by working more than allocated hours.

If he lies on the form and HO finds out, then he will be banned for 10 years for using deception.

If he is honest then it will be at the discretion of caseworker if he allows him further leave to remain.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:30 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

khurramrafiq

Post by khurramrafiq » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:26 pm

oops that is scary. Thank you so much for your replies, that really helps.

I know he shouldn't do the excessive hours but I would say at least 70% student do it..

So what if he gets his salary into his friend personal account who is on Tier1..

This won't have any implications on him as there is no record of incoming money under his name?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:28 pm

khurramrafiq wrote:oops that is scary. Thank you so much for your replies, that really helps.

I know he shouldn't do the excessive hours but I would say at least 70% student do it..

So what if he gets his salary into his friend personal account who is on Tier1..

This won't have any implications on him as there is no record of incoming money under his name?

Thanks
i think your 'friend' is on very dodgy ground here. He will still be paying tax and national insurance (unless he is breaking the law there as well) so he could still be found out.

SameerSheikh
United Kingdom

Post by SameerSheikh » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:37 pm

well the point here is as i know too cuz i am myself seeing alot of students working here as student for more than 50 hours on 20 hours visa... , as far as the UKBA doesnt finds out this thing.. they are safe , but the day their records gets somehow checked on the backend, then its very alarming situation for them. So play the game on your risk if you want.. As i can assure you that you can still work for more than 20 hours if you only wish for

dinesh101
Newly Registered

Post by dinesh101 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 pm

khurramrafiq wrote:oops that is scary. Thank you so much for your replies, that really helps.

Thanks
UKBA easily find out where he works and call them find out how many hours he works. no legitimate company will lie to a government agency.

If you watch the show call border force you will get some idea of how UKBA works.

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: Student working over than 20hr per Week

Post by madona587 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

khurramrafiq wrote:Hi

My friend is working more than 20 hr per week, his company is paying him directly into his bank account. He don't have any company opened (as he can't as student)

So what would be the implications if he will apply for PSW in future? will that incoming money in his account be considered?

I would appreciate your earliest response please..

Thanks in advance.
I know a guy who worked more hours as a student and got his PSW but after an year the company was under investigation by UKBA where they pulled old employee records and then they sent him a letter and canceled his PSW visa. Your friend shouldn't break the law. Then no problem.