ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Education requirements for BELGIUM visas?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kieranm
Newly Registered

Education requirements for BELGIUM visas?

Post by kieranm » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:20 am

Hi,

I'm a Canadian citizen and I have some job opps in progress in Belgium. I have been researching the process of work permits, getting a visa, etc, and there is good info for this online. However, I am not seeing much on what the education requirements are, if any.

Question: To get a visa (based on a work permit B), will I need to have/prove any sort of 'official' education, such as university degree, college diploma, etc.?

Thanks for any and all comments!

Ranjit
Newly Registered

Post by Ranjit » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:37 pm

In Belgium, the main criteria for the authorities to deliver a work permit is that the employer is proposing a decent salary to the foreign candidate (I think the minimum is like 33.000 Euros/yr) The secondary criteria is education where the foreign candidate should have some post-secondary qualification, whether it be a diploma, degree etc. but as far as I know it does not necessarily need to be in the same field as the proposed employment - unless you are working in a regulated field like medicine, law etc.

kieranm
Newly Registered

Post by kieranm » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:54 pm

Thanks for your comments Ranjit. My situation is I have technical certifications and good experience, and I'm a very direct fit for the position, but I have no 'official' education.

You say 'should have' - are you aware of alternatives, such as my situation? Or do you have any links to concrete info around this? As I said, I have found some general info, but nothing concrete.

Thanks!