ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Citizen Contemplating Job in France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rtkuthiala
Newly Registered

Indian Citizen Contemplating Job in France

Post by rtkuthiala » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:46 am

Hello,

I am an Indian citizen. I have a job offer from a French company that i need to respond to soon. I would like to know:

- what are my legal rights as an Indian citizen working in France?
- is it difficult to change jobs once i accept the job and move there?
- is it really difficult for non-eu citizens to succeed professionally in france?

thank you.

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:26 pm

You would need to get a work permit like any non Eu citizen.

To succeed professionally long term in france, being fluent in French is an absolute must.

alee
Newly Registered

Pakistani Citizen with Job in France

Post by alee » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:55 am

Hi Lemess/Moderators/Senior Board Members,

I have a similar case of job offer in a french company. That company will be processing my work permit soon. I would highly appreciate if you can answer my following queries:

1. Is it possible to change jobs on work permit? I am trying to secure my future as I have to leave a good job and move to France to have this next job. But this job is of 3 months contract (it can be extended if the company is satisfied with my work). My worry is if something goes wrong and the company doesnt want to renew my contract, will i be able to get a new job based on my current work permit?

2. Are there any other useful websites related to France just like this board for UK immigration?

Regards,
Alee

Ranjit
Newly Registered

Post by Ranjit » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:31 pm

I'm not an expert on this, but I've previously worked in France and this is what I understand:

As your job is only a 3 month contract, it is highly likely that your permit will only be valid for those 3 months and your corresponding Carte de Sejour (Resident Permit) will state that you are a temporary worker and a change in status (whether it be to a new employer, or permanent employment with the existing company etc.) requires authorization.

If, for example you received an offer of permanent employment, your Carte de Sejour will state as such and in most cases allow you to change employers, provided you stayed with the original employer for like a year or something like that. I can't remember exactly.

Best of Luck.

Ranjit
Newly Registered

Post by Ranjit » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:46 pm

I'm not an expert on this, but I've previously worked in France and this is what I understand:

As your job is only a 3 month contract, it is highly likely that your permit will only be valid for those 3 months and your corresponding Carte de Sejour (Resident Permit) will state that you are a temporary worker and a change in status (whether it be to a new employer, or permanent employment with the existing company etc.) requires authorization.

If, for example you received an offer of permanent employment, your Carte de Sejour will state as such and in most cases allow you to change employers, provided you stayed with the original employer for like a year or something like that. I can't remember exactly.

Best of Luck.