ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Waiting more than six months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yiqinuk
Newly Registered

MN1 Waiting more than six months

Post by yiqinuk » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi All,
I have submitted my 3 years old son's MN1 application after we both (me mum and son) gained ILR November last year. It has been more than six months now and we still waiting for the decision. I have a look on the forum and could not see anyone's case took this long. I keep on ringing HO few times they said to me it is with case worker and nothing more they can tell me. The delay is must for a reason. I just do not know what hell is going on out there. Anybody have seen this before. please advice.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:42 pm

I am not sure what section you were applying under. Please confirm that your son was born in the UK, and that the application was under section 1(3).

If it was under section 1(3), that would be an exceptional delay. For such an application it rarely goes above 6 weeks, let alone 6 months!
Last edited by John on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

yiqinuk
Newly Registered

Post by yiqinuk » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:47 pm

he was born in bristol UK. under section 3

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 pm

As your son was born in the UK the application would have been made under section 1(3). That is an entitlement application. No UKBA discretion involved. Accordingly I think you should write to UKBA giving them say 2 weeks to agree that entitlement application, otherwise you will contact the MP for the area in which you live.

And as required, do indeed contact your MP.
John

yiqinuk
Newly Registered

Post by yiqinuk » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:10 pm

HO told me the application is depend on external agency 's checking speed. It just because the external agency has not complete the checking yet. I can not understand. my son was born here and never away for more than 3 month in the past. We both gained ILR last year.
I will indeed write to them. Thank you very much for your advices John.
Regards
Yi

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:55 pm

It just because the external agency has not complete the checking yet.
I just wonder, what on earth are they checking?
John

yiqinuk
Newly Registered

Post by yiqinuk » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:00 pm

no idea,
we are perfectly fine, never done anything wrong , so does my 3 years old

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:11 pm

I am thinking what are they checking about a 3 years old. This is disgrace where we are talking about entitlement not the discretion of HO or privelage