ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent maintenance funds clarified!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beecharmer1800bc

Dependent maintenance funds clarified!!!!!

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 am

I have taken it upon myself to pursue this matter with the HO and I am happy to say that at last, an official response has been given.

This matter has gone on repeatedly on this forum with people having very different opinions on it and in some cases, these are all wrong.

The HO have clarified that a dependent applying to join a Tier 1 holder only has to show £533 or £1600 which ever is applicable to your circumstance. There is no requirement on the part of the Tier 1 holder to re-demonstrate £800 or £2800 for the 3 month period since this has already been done when the Tier 1 holder successfully applied for his/her visa.

I sincerely hope this puts an end to the matter. Please see the email below and it is official.
-----------------------------

Thank you for your email.

I cannot comment on specific cases. I can confirm however that where a dependant is applying to join Tier 1 visa holder who is already in the UK, they only need to show that they have sufficient funds for the dependant. They do not need to re-demonstrate funds for the Tier 1 visa holder.

Kind regards

PBS Operational Policy Unit

Temporary Migration
Vulcan House - Steel
North East, Yorkshire and the Humber Region
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

avadhoot
Newly Registered

Can some moderator or a senior member comment on this

Post by avadhoot » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:35 pm

senior members...please comment
Last edited by avadhoot on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:56 pm

I would say, above is indeed a good update from official source.