ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advise me on applying PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Please advise me on applying PSW

Post by sakib2000 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi i ve a question on PSW form which was in D14 was saying Hav you been stayed in th uk after your visa expired.I had a situation when i applied last time dec 2010.they sent my application back because they couldnt take my money out from my Bank card.Then i applied again and got the VISA.When i sent the second application to UKBA my VISA was expired.So my question is Should i say yes i was overstared or no please advise me
Md

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Please advise me on applying PSW

Post by terriblescream » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:18 pm

sakib2000 wrote:Hi i ve a question on PSW form which was in D14 was saying Hav you been stayed in th uk after your visa expired.I had a situation when i applied last time dec 2010.they sent my application back because they couldnt take my money out from my Bank card.Then i applied again and got the VISA.When i sent the second application to UKBA my VISA was expired.So my question is Should i say yes i was overstared or no please advise me
I dont believe this is over-stay, you could do a Cover Letter and explain this situation.

Because if they did they wouldn't accept your 2nd application which was granted as you are telling us and the 2nd application was lodged and approved while your visa was expired.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Please advise me on applying PSW

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:24 pm

terriblescream wrote:
sakib2000 wrote:Hi i ve a question on PSW form which was in D14 was saying Hav you been stayed in th uk after your visa expired.I had a situation when i applied last time dec 2010.they sent my application back because they couldnt take my money out from my Bank card.Then i applied again and got the VISA.When i sent the second application to UKBA my VISA was expired.So my question is Should i say yes i was overstared or no please advise me
I dont believe this is over-stay, you could do a Cover Letter and explain this situation.

Because if they did they wouldn't accept your 2nd application which was granted as you are telling us and the 2nd application was lodged and approved while your visa was expired.
Tier 4 applications do not require the applicant to have current leave.

In my view you did overstay albeit intentionally as you did not make a valid application first time around. You should declare this on the form and explain the circumstances.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks for the info Greenie,

so if Tier 4 applicant runs out of his visa, and still can apply to be in the UK, but what if he is switching for eg Tier 1PSW to T4, and application is refused and can he apply again for T4 while his T1 has expired

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:53 pm

terriblescream wrote:Thanks for the info Greenie,

so if Tier 4 applicant runs out of his visa, and still can apply to be in the UK, but what if he is switching for eg Tier 1PSW to T4, and application is refused and can he apply again for T4 while his T1 has expired
yes see 245zx b)
) The applicant must have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain:

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:43 pm

I am still confused.when I did the second application there was same option on tier 4 application form it was d10.when I was filling the form I said no I didn't overstay.but on same time i didn't have valid leave.so what should I mention on the cover latter.
Md

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm

sakib2000 wrote:I am still confused.when I did the second application there was same option on tier 4 application form it was d10.when I was filling the form I said no I didn't overstay.but on same time i didn't have valid leave.so what should I mention on the cover latter.
yes you did overstay. Explain what happened in cover letter.

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:10 pm

I have one more question.thanks for your kind reply

I have 90 days statement until 23of may and I am gona apply next week is it ok or should I wait for new statement which will come on next Friday

And I didn't receive my MBA certificate yet college issue me a latter dated 13th may.some people it's valid 1 month but college told me there is no validity for this latter you can use until u receive the certificate.which one is correct.please advice me
Md

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:23 pm

sakib2000 wrote:I have 90 days statement until 23of may and I am gona apply next week is it ok or should I wait for new statement which will come on next Friday
Either way is fine. It's your choice. The main thing is that it should not be more than 28 days between the date of the closing balance on your last bank statement and the date of application.
sakib2000 wrote:And I didn't receive my MBA certificate yet college issue me a latter dated 13th may.some people it's valid 1 month but college told me there is no validity for this latter you can use until u receive the certificate.which one is correct.please advice me
The college is right.There is no 'valid until' clause attached to the letter issued.

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:13 am

One more question

Does it mendatory to give the work telephone number on post study work application?

on my last tier 4 application i didnt give the work telephone number.
Md

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:16 am

No

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:24 pm

After lot of difficulties I had extend my student visa until July 2011 and the I applied for Psw which I got it successfully but there is a problem when I receive all the document from ukba in end of July they didn't give one of my original latter which was from Halifax stating that ukba didn't try to take money out from my account which I had to submit becoz of one question on Psw application form.was asking have I been overstayed in the Uk I said no and gave the cover latter with the Halifax latter(original)which I didn't receive from ukba.but I have got Photocopy.how can I get this latter back from ukba pls advice me
Md

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Who was the letter addressed to? If it was addressed to the ukba or to whom it may concern then they would usually not return it.

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi Thanks for your reply.the latter was addresses to me not the ukba.
Md

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Please tell me how to get the original latter back from ukba.if write to ukba how to write and where Yo send the latter.and also if I send the latter should I include the photocopy of the original latter
Md

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Pls help
Md

sakib2000
United Kingdom

Post by sakib2000 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Pls help
Md