ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 2 (General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandakumar.new
Newly Registered

Switch Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 2 (General)

Post by anandakumar.new » Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 pm

Hello guys,

I have question here. Hope someone can clarify.

I am working from UK last 3 years in Tier 2 (ICT) and about to change to Tier 2 (General) once agreed from new employer.

As per current policy I am eligible for ILR after 5 years in Tier 2 (ICT). Will my settlement affect if I switch to Tier 2 (General) as it would be applied after April 6 2011 with new rule?

Thanks,
Anand

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 15, 2011 10:56 am

You cannot switch from Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 2 (General). If you wish to change your immigration status (as stated), you'll need to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sarath1212

Post by sarath1212 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:23 am

sushdmehta wrote:You cannot switch from Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 2 (General). If you wish to change your immigration status (as stated), you'll need to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.
Hi Sushdmehta,

If i go and apply for entry clearance outside UK will my clock reset for the ILR?

Thanks

rr_ga
Newly Registered

Reply Please

Post by rr_ga » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi Experts,
Can someone please provide an update on the query raised by sarath below.

Thanks and Regards

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:05 am

sarath1212 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:You cannot switch from Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 2 (General). If you wish to change your immigration status (as stated), you'll need to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.
Hi, I am not sure but I've heard that if the gap is less than 3 months then the clock for ILR won't be reset.

Experts/Seniors - Please could you clarify??
Thanks!

sarath1212

Post by sarath1212 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:54 am

sarath1212 wrote:
Hi Sushdmehta,

If i go and apply for entry clearance outside UK will my clock reset for the ILR?

Thanks
Experts/Moderators , Please advice....

sansin
BANNED

Tier-2 ICT to Tier-2 G

Post by sansin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

Hi,

I have a smae situation where I am planning to move from ICT to Tier-2 G and want to know if my ILR clock would reset as new entry clearance for Tier-2 G would be made out side UK. There will not be any gap between my existing ICT and new Tier-2 G application but just because ukba has made it deliberate to make the application outside UK I am wondering about ILR clock.

Can somebody please post a reliable answer on this.

Regs,
Sans

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-2 ICT to Tier-2 G

Post by ddb » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:51 pm

sansin wrote:Hi,

I have a smae situation where I am planning to move from ICT to Tier-2 G and want to know if my ILR clock would reset as new entry clearance for Tier-2 G would be made out side UK. There will not be any gap between my existing ICT and new Tier-2 G application but just because ukba has made it deliberate to make the application outside UK I am wondering about ILR clock.
Yes your ILR clock would be reset because you will be making an out-of-country application meaning you would be applying for leave to enter, which of course is different from when one makes an in-country application for leave to remain.

According to the current immigration rules, 5 yrs continuous leave to remain = indefinite leave to remain.

If you got your ICT prior to 6 Apr 2010, and you are aiming to apply for an ILR, then I think you should just apply for an extension so you can meet the requirement of 5 yrs continuous leave to remain.

sansin
BANNED

Post by sansin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes I got my last extension in April 2010 (application was sent in March 2010). But the thing is I am planning to change my employer and for that reason I have to switch to Tier-2 G and for that application has to be made out of country.

Regs,
San

kumsan
Newly Registered

Post by kumsan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:46 am

sansin wrote:Hi.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes I got my last extension in April 2010 (application was sent in March 2010). But the thing is I am planning to change my employer and for that reason I have to switch to Tier-2 G and for that application has to be made out of country.

Regs,
San

I am also in the same situation and living here in UK with family. if i switch to Tier2.G from ICT(which I got before apr,2011) will that require me to travel back to my cumntry with family as my family is on dependent visa or we can leave family here and go back , get the visa stamped come back and then we can send family back for the new dependent visa,.

Any response will be appriciated

Regard
San

needTier1
Newly Registered

Post by needTier1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:54 pm

IMHO...

Well, I guess that would not be possible.

- Say you are in UK (ICT), family is dependent on your ICT visa.
- you leave UK to get Tier 2 Gen from your home country, by that time your dependents here are eligible to stay.
- you get Tier 2 general, and your Tier 2 ICT will be cancelled and hence your family can't be on that Invalid Visa.

I guess you have to apply your and your dependents Visas at the same time.

wiqram

TIER 2 ICT switch to TIER 2 General post May 2011

Post by wiqram » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Guys,

this is the exact same question that i have. If i switch from TIER 2 ICT to TIER2 General post May 2011, it means that i have to make an application out of UK and from my home country.

If this resets my clock then the UK government doesnt want us to switch jobs till we complete our 5 years in UK and get ILR or PR.

If the above is true, then its quite difficult for anyone to get a PR if he/she is on ICT.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:04 am

Not a good idea to resurrect an 18 month old post. The rules have changed since.

Please start a new post with your specific question.