ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit!!!!!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tedy31
Newly Registered

EEA family permit!!!!!!!

Post by tedy31 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 am

I have been writting before... but can't enter my old post....
My husband and I made the application through a visa application bureau who helped us gather all documents and organize them...
but unfortunatelly we got a rejection on grounds of not sufficient proof that our relationship is genuine...
To be honest we don't know what to think about it... and what else can we do to make it sufficient for the UKBA as we gave list of our skype messages and phone calls from the time before he went home, pictures, and letters from both of us ... :(
Pls advice me what should we do now... write another letter, and maybe give as well letter from parents?? and appeal or apply again...???
What is better??
Pls help... :(

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:35 am

What were the actual reasons given for not believeing your relationship to be genuine?

tedy31
Newly Registered

Post by tedy31 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:39 am

I don't know... my husband just recieved the doc and went back to the visa bureau... so I will find out the details in the evening... will post all later...

tedy31
Newly Registered

Post by tedy31 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:51 am

Sorry to write just today but have been working in the evening...
Well the answer is pretty long and very brutal to be honest... when reading it I feel as if I'm being treated like a criminal :(.... and I did try to explain everything trurhfully... not missing anything...
There are several reasons to adress as the answer; I don't remember there right order:

1--- they are pointing out that we got married is Sri Lanka and only his parents are on the pictures - and as they're saying ''with people who you say are your parents'' so they're not believing in this, moreover they point out that there're no friends/family members from my side - which for me is simple - it is the other side of the world I can not afford taking my family not to mention friends there.... adressing parents point is simple as we can add a copy of there IDs with photos... but what about the 2nd part ?? I can explain that it is unusual situation to the Srilankan to get married with a ''white'' person, especially in his family and because of the cultural differences for the moment just the closest family know about our relationship and that it is normal in their culture that first they only have a registration of marriage with the closest family- in this case parents only, which they consider as engagement and than making a proper, big wedding after a year or two with the whole family And in the and shouldn't it be up to the married couple if they want to be married completely alone or not - who they want to invite?? but I am not sure that writing the explanation is enough for them???
2--- There are pointing out that we say we stayed together but as we have written there property address has not been registered and that we couldn't get any corresspondency so we don't really proof that we even stayed at this address - eventhough we have given the tenancy agreement?? And as well they write that they don't believe that the property will be rady for my husband when he comes to live - and this is nonsence as I have moved since toa different property and we did submit my tenancy agreement and a letter form my recent landlord stating that he agrees for my husband to stay in this priopety with me!! - I can ask my previous property manager for a letter sayng that we've stayed there and the address issue, but is it enough??
3--- They are saying that we have written that we were intending to get married in London initially and couldn't get a notice of marriage because of the address issue again - but we haven't given any proof of that - but we haven't given any proof of that -and that we had arranged innitially for a wedding on the 5th of September whem we did not know that they'll not accept the addresss differences and that he's visa was due to expire on the 9th of Septmeber and it is such a short time and why is that?? Clearly they should know that the COA has been granted with the expiry date of 9th of September as it is not a document allowing him to stay longer than his visa, so we're intending to apply for a visa straight after our mariage... so I can contact the Registrar office and ask them for a letter saying why they refused as well... and explain the COA thing, whic they should know!!!
4--- finally they're stating that we submitted phone call lists from my network 3 and skype call register and all chat messages - over 120 pages!!!... Now I have written in the letter that the phone call bills are a proof of our everyday contact BEFORE he went back to Sri Lanka and afterwards we were contacting mostly by skype - but what they're saying that I have made several phone calls only through my mobile, I think exactly 3 and why is it so little?? Again I can explain that when we had an opportunity to use skype we only limited phone contact to the minimum calling when we did not have skype at hand because of cost reasons, but will they accept my explanation....
In conclusion, they say that: ''in the light of above reasoning they believe it to be a marriage of convenience'' and they can not give us the family permit...
One more point - we haven't recieved all documents back... what is the procedure?? DO they keep them until the case is defenitelly closed or the appeal time is passed...???
Now what do we do??? Do we appeal or reapply???
I am really feeling helpless with some points of the reasonning as only our explanation is at hand, but cleearly they are trying to find anything to refuse... I am more than ready to have a hearing/court visit if necessary as I am telling the truth and am desperate for a positive income...
PLS ADVICE WHAT TO DO???

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:38 am

You can reapply, if you think you can address all their reasons with documentary evidence. You could appeal, but that would take much longer.

In any event the additional evidence you are likely to need is:

*Copies of his parents' photo ID, and evidence that they are his parents (e.g. birth certificate if available) (they could also supply written confirmation that they attended your wedding).
*Letter from your letting agent on headed paper confirming your tenancy of the unregistered property and explaining why it did not have an address, and confirming the address you used for correspondence.
*Letter from Register Office confirming that you had booked a date, and the reason why you could not use it (or you could email them for confirmation and supply copies of the email)

Your own letter should explain the details of your relationship: when did you first meet, start going out together etc? Do you have any photos from early on in your relationship? Did you email or write to anyone telling them you had met?

If plans are underway for the bigger wedding celebration you describe, then can you provide evidence of that? (although you are absolutely correct that a small wedding is not evidence of a sham marriage).

Certainly explain the issue with the phone/skype use: what do the skype records actually show? How are you both identified?

tedy31
Newly Registered

Post by tedy31 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 am

Thank you very much, I will do that...
About the skype calls he's recognised by his name.last name...
I am with a nick however I will provide them a profile page where all my details are stated - full name and e-mail address and age... hope it's enough...

My question is what is hapenning to some documents I did not recieve???
Do they keep them till the end of the time we have to make an appeal or does my husband have to collect them personally??