ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings - directors of an LTD with a joint account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WCS2004
Newly Registered

Previous earnings - directors of an LTD with a joint account

Post by WCS2004 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Hello!

I'm going to try to extend my visa soon. I'm claiming points for the salary and dividends that I took from my company.

I have 50% share of that company, the other 50% share belongs to my husband. He is also a director.

We have a joint personal bank account. During the last year we transferred our dividends and salary as a common transaction, i.e. the total dividends paid on a particular day would be transferred in one go, without splitting it in two separate transactions.

I envisage the complications it might cause at UKBA. That's why I'm planning to attach a formal letter on behalf of the company explaining that each transaction should in fact be divided by 2.

Do you think that's normal practice? What else can be done in this situation?

sreblog

Re: Previous earnings - directors of an LTD with a joint acc

Post by sreblog » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:58 am

I am in same situation as yours , but my wife is a stake holder. I would rather suggest to do seperate transfers for your dividents and your husbands as this may less complicate to case worker. Since you already made few transfers , at the time of application advise is to also include a letter from accountant which has more weight than company letter.

WCS2004
Newly Registered

Post by WCS2004 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks sreblog,

It is now too late to follow your advice, as all transfers are made. So I'm seeking the best way out of this.

Will attach the letter from the accountant of course, but also was thinking about writing something like this:
These are explanatory notes to the payments to Mrs. [Name]’s bank account.

Mrs. [Name] is a salaried director and owns 50% of [Company Name] Ltd. Both her salary and dividends are transferred from the company’s account to her personal bank account.

She has a joint bank account with her husband, Mr. [Name], who is also working as a director and is entitled to the other 50% of profit. Because of that, payments to both of them on some occasions were transferred at the same time in one transaction.

Please consider payments made from this account number:

Below is the full list of Mrs. [Name]’s transactions with explanations.

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 am

WCS2004 wrote:Thanks sreblog,

It is now too late to follow your advice, as all transfers are made. So I'm seeking the best way out of this.

Will attach the letter from the accountant of course, but also was thinking about writing something like this:
These are explanatory notes to the payments to Mrs. [Name]’s bank account.

Mrs. [Name] is a salaried director and owns 50% of [Company Name] Ltd. Both her salary and dividends are transferred from the company’s account to her personal bank account.

She has a joint bank account with her husband, Mr. [Name], who is also working as a director and is entitled to the other 50% of profit. Because of that, payments to both of them on some occasions were transferred at the same time in one transaction.

Please consider payments made from this account number:

Below is the full list of Mrs. [Name]’s transactions with explanations.
Seems ok to me, its the transactions part which I hope you keep it simple and easy understand. Also make sure that accountant letter and company letter figures are similar w.r.t transactions.