ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

watfordguy
BANNED

Life in the UK Test

Post by watfordguy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 pm

I have passed like in the UK test last week but .. I have taked my driving license as an ID with me to the test and my third name written as an initial on the license while on my passport is it an initial but in full... so in this case my first name second name and surname are excatly same as in my passport but my thrid is only intial in the pass certification... is it going to affect the process of my application ? or do i have to contact the test center and ask them to change the name to suit the name on my passport exactly ... any advice please ...

xyz123

Re: Life in the UK Test

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 am

watfordguy wrote:I have passed like in the UK test last week but .. I have taked my driving license as an ID with me to the test and my third name written as an initial on the license while on my passport is it an initial but in full... so in this case my first name second name and surname are excatly same as in my passport but my thrid is only intial in the pass certification... is it going to affect the process of my application ? or do i have to contact the test center and ask them to change the name to suit the name on my passport exactly ... any advice please ...
No it should be ok. Take driving licence with you to ILR appointment / submit a copy with postal application. Third name is not a problem.

watfordguy
BANNED

Post by watfordguy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:18 pm

I have called the home office and they said my name should be exactly same as in my passport ... so now Im again confused !! ... they asked me to ask the test center to change my name and .. at the test center they said it is impossible to change name ! ... I think people at the home office dont know the rules good .. they always giv different answers to same queries ...

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:06 pm

When I took my LiUK test in Brixton I was asked to check everything including name and driving license number. Normally, when you make a booking, you only give them a first and last name, which then goes into their system. In my situation, I added two initials so that it mirrors what's shown in my ID. I also had to initial the change.
PM