ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General or Family visit visa for parents(special situation)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manku
Newly Registered

General or Family visit visa for parents(special situation)

Post by manku » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:32 am

Hi,
I am a Tier 2 ICT holder(from 2009) with an Indian passport. Due to personal circumstances, I had to come to India for a 4 month period, during which, I am working for my UK company from home. When I go back, I intend to take my parents along for 6 months. The question is - which category do we apply for my parents visa.

Family visit implies I need to prove residence in the UK (I vacated the flat I was in before I left and will rent a new one after I get back in 2 months) and I need to give evidence of funds (I only have bank statements until March) and I do not have any utility bills or council tax statements that are current.

General visit is probably simpler since my brother who lives in India permanently can show sufficient funds to sponsor their visit for the 6 months and it is easy to show ties back to India. Some issues here are
1. If they should mention my circumstances at all (in section 8.8/8.9 for example - do you have any family in the uk and do you intend to visit them)
2. What should be the address in 8.7 (uk address)

A different alternative is to ask a friend in the UK to sponsor my parents as general visitors and use his address, but that may be construed as deliberate misinformation.

Thanks in advance for any help,
-manku

custodian

Re: General or Family visit visa for parents(special situat

Post by custodian » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:31 pm

manku wrote:I am a Tier 2 ICT holder(from 2009) with an Indian passport. Due to personal circumstances, I had to come to India for a 4 month period, during which, I am working for my UK company from home.
As long as you have a contract with the UK company proving you were in continous employment during the time you spent in India it should be fine. You can show your payslips during that period. You can also show your P-60 which is the proof of tax paid during a tax year.
manku wrote:General visit is probably simpler
I agree with you on this one.
I had my parents visa refused even though they had shown a lot of money in their Indian bank accounts. They refused it on the basis of not providing the sponsor's employer letter, bank statements, etc.

manku
Newly Registered

Post by manku » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:01 am

custodian wrote:
manku wrote:I am a Tier 2 ICT holder(from 2009) with an Indian passport. Due to personal circumstances, I had to come to India for a 4 month period, during which, I am working for my UK company from home.
As long as you have a contract with the UK company proving you were in continous employment during the time you spent in India it should be fine. You can show your payslips during that period. You can also show your P-60 which is the proof of tax paid during a tax year.
Thanks.
custodian wrote:
manku wrote:General visit is probably simpler
I agree with you on this one.
I had my parents visa refused even though they had shown a lot of money in their Indian bank accounts. They refused it on the basis of not providing the sponsor's employer letter, bank statements, etc.
I can get the employers letter, but bank statements are a problem and I cant prove that they will be staying in the UK with me. For a General visit visa, do you know if they will give a long term one (at least 2-3 months) ?

custodian

Post by custodian » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:13 am

manku wrote: For a General visit visa, do you know if they will give a long term one (at least 2-3 months) ?
This is the UKBA stance on long-term visit visas.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... #165062682