ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Delu
Newly Registered

Visa for spouse

Post by Delu » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Hello All,
We really need some advice as we are in the infernal information vacuum that is Worldbridge!
I met my husband in England 16 years ago and we got married there in 1996. He got his ILR in 1997. At the end of 1997, we moved to Brazil and have been here ever since. Our children were born here but both have British passports. We now wish to move back to the UK - we really thought it would a simple process as we have been through settlement before. We were wrong. We just applied for a returning resident visa for him and it was denied. What do we do next - it looks like our only option is to go through the settlement process all over again. Am I right ???Worldbridge do not offer any advice on which visa to apply for and refuse to answer any questions about specific cases! it´s extremely frustrating. I´d appreciate any advice!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for spouse

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Delu wrote:it looks like our only option is to go through the settlement process all over again. Am I right ???
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Delu
Newly Registered

Post by Delu » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Finally some help! Thanks so muchfor your reply. I have a couple of other queries!!!
I am leaving for the UK on the 5th July and my husband is going to have to stay while he finds a recognised English test to do before we can lodge his application - will the fact that i have already gone ahead without him in some way harm his application ? We have been married for 15 years and apart from our British Marriage certificate, will we need to prove that we have been together all this time through photos ??? (We have two children
who were born in Brazil and have British passports). Finally, I have a query about the English language requirements. The only test that we can seem to find locally in the next month or so is the TOEFL which tests at a minimum of B1 level but my husband only needs an A1 - If he falls short by a point or two will they accept this seeing that he only needs an A1?
I'd appreciate any help!
Thanks once again.