ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU citizen, Asylum seeker.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toivo43
Newly Registered

EU citizen, Asylum seeker.

Post by toivo43 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:07 am

Good morning. I live in UK for the past 5 year, I have met person in a college and I want to marry her. The problem is that she have got asylum seeker and I dont have any information about my rights.

I am a EU citizen, can I marry in UK?
Can I marry an asylum seeker in UK?
What will happen with Asylum status after marriage?

Thank you for your answers.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Yes you can marry in the UK
You can marry an asylum seeker
Once you're married, your spouse can withdraw his/her asylum application (but you don't have to, it just becomes irrelevant) and apply for residence card.
[Moderator Edit]

toivo43
Newly Registered

Other question

Post by toivo43 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:19 am

Thank you very much for your reply, because it is really hard to find information which I need especially which involves law. I would like you to ask other question please. My partners parents dont know that we want to marry and obviously they wont agree. She have got asylum seeker and as far I understand her passport keeps home office. What does she needs to do to get password without parents notice?