ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please help DV

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adropofwater
Newly Registered

please help DV

Post by adropofwater » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi

I sponsord my wife when I was on Tier 1 General. My wife got visa until end of 2011. I have got MY PR last month. thigs are not working well and I had to move out of the relationship.

She accused me for domestic violance and complained in police to I think get settledown in this country on the basis of DV victim.

Can you please suggest what can I do in this suggestion. How do i inform home office to curtail her visa?

Please suggest

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:26 pm

adropofwater wrote:Hi

I sponsord my wife when I was on Tier 1 General. My wife got visa until end of 2011. I have got MY PR last month. thigs are not working well and I had to move out of the relationship.

She accused me for domestic violance and complained in police to I think get settledown in this country on the basis of DV victim.

Can you please suggest what can I do in this suggestion. How do i inform home office to curtail her visa?

Please suggest
If you believe you two have reached a point of no return, you may inform UKBA of the breakdown in your relationship.

You cannot direct UKBA to curtail / cancel your spouse's leave. It is for them to decide what they wish to do.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

adropofwater
Newly Registered

Post by adropofwater » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks for the info,

My question is she is desparate to stay here and thats why she got married to me to get settledown here and call her boy friend from india.

Can she apply as DV victim being sponsored on Tier 1 General? As when she got the visa i was on Tier 1 and I got PR after that.

I know she would do everything to stay here, so she can go to any extream.

Please suggest.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:48 am

adropofwater wrote:Can she apply as DV victim being sponsored on Tier 1 General?
No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.