ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years, Urgent, Help Pls, Guys!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkmj
Newly Registered

ILR 10 years, Urgent, Help Pls, Guys!!!

Post by kkmj » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi Guys.

Basically, I went to my Home country in July 2002, and then came back to the UK in September 2002. The thing is I also took internal flight back to Leeds Airport, so my passport can't be stamped when I arrived to Heathrow. When I arrived to Leeds, I don't remember what happened exactly now. But I guess there was no immigration officer there anymore, as I arrived late at night. So, there was no stamp on my return trip.

1. Today, I went to the bank to order bank statement starting September 2002, but the bank can only go back to 4 October 2002, so I haven't ordered any bank statement yet. Any suggestions on that please?

2. I also ordered a confirmation letter from my university I studied to confirm that from September 2002 I was attending a full-time course etc.

3. I called STA Travel where I bought my flights tickets, but they have called back saying that they don't have the records as they changed their booking system since 2008.

4. I was trying to get hold of the customer service, Virgin Atlantic. I took Virgin Atlantic for return trips in 2002. But the thing I kept holding on for ages, no one picked up my call. What shall I do?

Guys, if you had similar situation, or if you have any good suggestions, please leave your messages here. I really appreciate your help!
Last edited by kkmj on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:09 am

Perhaps rogerdoger may be able to help you with your letter.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kkmj
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by kkmj » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:23 am

thanks for that. i've seen rogerdoger replied.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:49 pm

kkmj wrote:Hi Guys.

Basically, I went to my Home country in July 2002, and then came back to the UK in September 2002. The thing is I also took internal flight back to Leeds Airport, so my passport can't be stamped when I arrived to Heathrow. When I arrived to Leeds, I don't remember what happened exactly now. But I guess there was no immigration officer there anymore, as I arrived late at night. So, there was no stamp on my return trip.

1. Today, I went to the bank to order bank statement starting September 2002, but the bank can only go back to 4 October 2002, so I haven't ordered any bank statement yet. Any suggestions on that please?

2. I also ordered a confirmation letter from my university I studied to confirm that from September 2002 I was attending a full-time course etc.

3. I called STA Travel where I bought my flights tickets, but they have called back saying that they don't have the records as they changed their booking system since 2008.

4. I was trying to get hold of the customer service, Virgin Atlantic. I took Virgin Atlantic for return trips in 2002. But the thing I kept holding on for ages, no one picked up my call. What shall I do?

Guys, if you had similar situation, or if you have any good suggestions, please leave your messages here. I really appreciate your help!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:56 pm

kkmj wrote:The thing is I also took internal flight back to Leeds Airport, so my passport can't be stamped when I arrived to Heathrow.
You couldn't have boarded a domestic flight from Heathrow without clearing immigration control when arriving on an international flight. Also, you would have filled up a landing card.

SAR may help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kkmj
Newly Registered

Post by kkmj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 pm

One possibility is that the immigration officer forgot to stamp on my passport.

But a landing card should be filled in at that time.

The SAR documents I received don't have information on my immigration stamps etc, but only my visas.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:02 am

Note that Section 3C extends your leave while your in-time application is under consideration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kkmj
Newly Registered

Post by kkmj » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:03 pm

thanks