ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Guys,

I think I got the CON. The postman dropped a note in the postbox for a registered post today after lunch,

For the benefit of the forum the my timelines were as follow;

15.09.2008- Naturalisation Application (acknowledged within 15 days),
04.06.2010- DOJ requested (3 payslips + Bank Statements for last 3 month)
Around enf of Jan-2011- DOJ requested Birth Certificate again,
20.04.2011- DOJ sent a letter with yellow Form 7,
06.05.2011- Oath taken in Athlone,
06.05.2011- All documents posted via registered post,
09.05.2011- Delivered to Tipperary Office,
03.06.2011- Received registered post docket advising parsel to be collected from the Postal Delivery Centre.

Bloody hell, I think it is over now :shock:

dgnhly

Ten Lessons Learnt (Without Prejudice)

Post by dgnhly » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Guys, (Without Prejudice)

I did not entertain the lengthy process however I have decided to create a 'lessons learnt sheet'. Maybe Scrudu can add a new sheet to the existing one so everyone can benefit,

TEN Lessons Learnt :roll:

LL1.- After application DOJ confirms within 15 days and sent a ref no starting with 68/XXXX/ year, and they advise an approximate processing time which appears moreless accurate (plus/minus 3 months),

LL2. They request a financial update 1 year prior approval (i.e. Bank Statements, Payslips etc.).

LL3. In most cases prior approval they ask for your financial status (i.e P21- P60 etc..and it appears that the Garda Report and Social Welfare Report takes between 6 to 12 months),

LL4. Approval takes 3 months after Birth Cert request in some cases (if they ask again),

LL5. It appears that the duration of the naturalisation process matches what they advised in their first reference letter (see LL.1),

LL6. It appears that the approval duration depends on the applicants country. It appears that most african (except South Africa) and Middle Eastern applicants receive approval between 36 to 48 months. Eastern European Countries around 30 months. Some other western nationals around 24 months,

LL7. It appears if you are a director of a company and/or have mortgage the duration is around 6 months less than normal processing time,

LL8. It appears that Irish born children have no affects to the process,

LL9. It appears they do not contact with your references,

LL10. It appears (which is very strange) if you earn less you got a quicker approval for some reason? If you are in a higher earning category (such as doctor, engineer, lawyer etc.) it takes at least 6 months more? Not sure but it appears like that.

crown

Post by crown » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:03 am

I got naturalisation cert yesterday in the post and headed for the Passport Office same day. Every document had been collated and ready. My cert took 5 weeks. I managed to lodge an application and I am patiently waiting to have my passport and fly with it
Crown

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 am

crown wrote:I got naturalisation cert yesterday in the post and headed for the Passport Office same day. Every document had been collated and ready. My cert took 5 weeks. I managed to lodge an application and I am patiently waiting to have my passport and fly with it
Crown
Congratulations Crown. All the best mate.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:50 pm

any news from my friends?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:44 pm

@Adura
In which month of 2009 did your wife apply for naturalisation?

tullamore
BANNED

Re: Ten Lessons Learnt (Without Prejudice)

Post by tullamore » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:53 pm

dgnhly wrote:Guys, (Without Prejudice)

I did not entertain the lengthy process however I have decided to create a 'lessons learnt sheet'. Maybe Scrudu can add a new sheet to the existing one so everyone can benefit,

TEN Lessons Learnt :roll:

LL1.- After application DOJ confirms within 15 days and sent a ref no starting with 68/XXXX/ year, and they advise an approximate processing time which appears moreless accurate (plus/minus 3 months),

LL2. They request a financial update 1 year prior approval (i.e. Bank Statements, Payslips etc.).

LL3. In most cases prior approval they ask for your financial status (i.e P21- P60 etc..and it appears that the Garda Report and Social Welfare Report takes between 6 to 12 months),

LL4. Approval takes 3 months after Birth Cert request in some cases (if they ask again),

LL5. It appears that the duration of the naturalisation process matches what they advised in their first reference letter (see LL.1),

LL6. It appears that the approval duration depends on the applicants country. It appears that most african (except South Africa) and Middle Eastern applicants receive approval between 36 to 48 months. Eastern European Countries around 30 months. Some other western nationals around 24 months,

LL7. It appears if you are a director of a company and/or have mortgage the duration is around 6 months less than normal processing time,

LL8. It appears that Irish born children have no affects to the process,

LL9. It appears they do not contact with your references,

LL10. It appears (which is very strange) if you earn less you got a quicker approval for some reason? If you are in a higher earning category (such as doctor, engineer, lawyer etc.) it takes at least 6 months more? Not sure but it appears like that.
Don't agree with first 6 points- can you substantiate your findings ?

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:13 am

Don't agree with first 6 points- can you substantiate your findings ?[/quote]

Just out of interesr are you working in a consultancy company since most of the consultants do nothing and always ask for a substantiations??? :wink:

Why on earth would I substantiate my findings? There is a statement at the beginning of my post states stating 'without prejudice' and those points are written based on personel experience (it is not Newton's Law) in good faith knee cap.

Instead of asking for a substantiation why do not you move your useless mule and add few other points as lessons learnt from your own experience especially starting from the first 6 points that you disagree and explain why you disagree, so you can add at least some value to your useless and arrogant post.

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:31 am

Don't agree with first 6 points- can you substantiate your findings ?[/quote]

tullamore, I am declaring you the W-a-n-k-e-r of the year. Maybe the most useless ****** of the century!

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks to everyone who wrote some words of support to me on Friday.

IRISH PHAROE, had they asked for three of your latest payslips, but you managed to send only two of them? About myself, I understand some people are in a much worse situation than me and some of them are waiting for much longer..But I'm just tired of waiting. I was waiting for WCATT for 4 whole months in autumn, being refused first time last summer for insufficient amount of stamps, although I'm in the country since mid-2001.

adura, I'm happy for your wife, it goes really fast for her so far! I know, I sounds like a moaner, but it's redundancy brings lot's of strain now.

9jeirean, thank you for the inspirational comment. I do feel better now. "Good things come to him who waits", so I'm just gritting the teeth and back into wait.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:35 pm

IRISH PHAROE, had they asked for three of your latest payslips, but you managed to send only two of them? About myself, I understand some people are in a much worse situation than me and some of them are waiting for much longer..But I'm just tired of waiting. I was waiting for WCATT for 4 whole months in autumn, being refused first time last summer for insufficient amount of stamps, although I'm in the country since mid-2001.

Marisa,
yes that's exactly what happened so I doubt getting the approval, just hoping and pray to god, that's what I can do.

hopefully they will not send any further request for more documents like before regarding my wife's application as she is dependent on me.

best of luck to all here in this forum and for you
peace on you

aim
Newly Registered

Post by aim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi there,

Last Tuesday I have been informed that my file is with the minister. I presume my file went to the minister just one or two weeks before only. Based on experience, can you please let me know typically how much time it takes from there to get passport assuming that i will take oath as soon as i got the form.

Many thanks in advance.

AIM

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:58 pm

aim wrote:Hi there,

Last Tuesday I have been informed that my file is with the minister. I presume my file went to the minister just one or two weeks before only. Based on experience, can you please let me know typically how much time it takes from there to get passport assuming that i will take oath as soon as i got the form.

Many thanks in advance.

AIM
when did you apply for naturalisation?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:14 pm

aim wrote:Hi there,

Many thanks in advance.

AIM
They say it's usually 6 to 8 weeks. Not sure if that's correct, as mine is with minister for the last 10 weeks.

You never know, the minister may approve all the backlog at once.

Wish you all the best.

savy

Post by savy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:32 am

Hope this might help someone

Policy for 5 year workers and redundant workers

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Po ... %20workers

INIS set out detailed arrangements which would apply in cases of persons who had worked for 5 years or more with work permits and of persons who were made redundant.

This is a consolidated set of arrangements and replaces all previous versions for non-EEA migrant workers (i) who have been employed for 5 or more years with a work permit and (ii) for those who are made redundant.

dublinlad

Application is with Minister for decesion

Post by dublinlad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:36 am

Application: Jan 2009

Just called INIS for my application update for the first time and informed me that my application is with the minister for decision. Didn't asked for any further documents at any time.

Specific question asked to INIS this morning as follows
Status of ref 68/---/09 - Application is with the minister
When the application sent to minister-March last week -April 1st week
Any further documents need to send?- No..nothing at all..all in order.
Any idea how long it will take for minister's decision?- She said no idea..give couple of more weeks..

Beep..beep..beep..disconnect the call

Lads my question is any turning back from here??????

No criminal record..working continuously 2002 onwards..mortgage from 2005.

Dublinlad

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Application is with Minister for decesion

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:40 am

dublinlad wrote:Application: Jan 2009

Just called INIS for my application update for the first time and informed me that my application is with the minister for decision. Didn't asked for any further documents at any time.

Specific question asked to INIS this morning as follows
Status of ref 68/---/09 - Application is with the minister
When the application sent to minister-March last week -April 1st week
Any further documents need to send?- No..nothing at all..all in order.
Any idea how long it will take for minister's decision?- She said no idea..give couple of more weeks..

Beep..beep..beep..disconnect the call

Lads my question is any turning back from here??????

No criminal record..working continuously 2002 onwards..mortgage from 2005.

Dublinlad
No, you'll be fine. Just have to wait for few more weeks.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 am

Hi dublinlad,
My app is with the minister since 29th April and I was told by a talkative lady that it takes around two months minimum to proceed.
With my application she said to expect around first-second week of July.

So, no reason to worry on that account, you should expect your letter this/next week the latest.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi all,
i just rang INIS a while ago and ask for update, the lady told me the file is at ministers office for final decision, i ask the lady can u pls tell me when its gone to minister and she replied she dont know coz my file is not here, its with minister and we will write u as soon we get the decision.
i want to ask it happened same with other people as well that they dont know the date as of sending file to minister as Marisa knows wen his file was sent also one of me friend was told today that his file is sent to minister on last week of may.
thanx

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 pm

still waiting wrote:Hi all,
i just rang INIS a while ago and ask for update, the lady told me the file is at ministers office for final decision, i ask the lady can u pls tell me when its gone to minister and she replied she dont know coz my file is not here, its with minister and we will write u as soon we get the decision.
i want to ask it happened same with other people as well that they dont know the date as of sending file to minister as Marisa knows wen his file was sent also one of me friend was told today that his file is sent to minister on last week of may.
thanx
They definitely know when it was sent, but some of the Mary's doesn't want to tell. Don't know why though

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

I am still here but thinking about moving to the UK (London) at the end of year. There's abandant work for my skillset there....:)- And time to make a lot money and savings etc...

Nanette

adura wrote:Sent a registered letter to INIS the other day, asking ab the status of my application. Got quick reply sayng... bla-bla-bla... is being processed in a normal way. They didnt mention Garda report or anything at all in the letter. Didnt ask me to submit P21, payslips etc. Just I learned at least my application is not lost.

Class May 2009.

A friend of mine who applied in 2009 called the INIS yesterday and was told his document is with the minister..Hopefully the approval is in progress..

Nanette are you still in this Country or you ve emigrated??

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Crown, you are crazy, you could get your cert to spend a night in your house.....:)-

Nice one, get the passport and fly this summer.

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

crown wrote:I got naturalisation cert yesterday in the post and headed for the Passport Office same day. Every document had been collated and ready. My cert took 5 weeks. I managed to lodge an application and I am patiently waiting to have my passport and fly with it
Crown

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Marisa,
Just relax a bit, you should get positve news soon.

Meanwhile, start looking for work again. Once you get your passport then decide whether to stay or find other pasture.

Nanette

Marisa wrote:Hi all,

I was handed a redundancy notice yesterday....Feel very low.
Applied for naturalization in last days of September '08 and exhausted from waiting with no end in sight....

Sorry to burst the bubbles and all this pessimism on such a lovely day.

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Marisa wrote:Hi dublinlad,
My app is with the minister since 29th April and I was told by a talkative lady that it takes around two months minimum to proceed.
With my application she said to expect around first-second week of July.

So, no reason to worry on that account, you should expect your letter this/next week the latest.
Thanks to Aceform and Marisa..

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Marisa,
yes that's exactly what happened so I doubt getting the approval, just hoping and pray to god, that's what I can do.

hopefully they will not send any further request for more documents
Well, knowing that some people manage to get their citizenship approved whilst living on a social welfare, I'd say they may well not ask for it.
But what if they'd ask for it later on - would it be really bad for you? Are you out of work now?