ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa requirements

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rastaaa
Newly Registered

schengen visa requirements

Post by rastaaa » Fri May 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi all,

We would like to travel to Disneyland Paris for our daughter's first birthday. My wife and daughter are british passport holders and myself on indefinite leave to remain in UK.
I have been browsing thru forums and the french embassy website but did not find any solid answers as to whether I need a schengen visa or not??
If i need to get a schengen visa while traveling with my family then do i have to provide hotel reservation, tickets, bank statements, work letter, payslips and travel insurance???

Anyone with any knowledge/experience with this situation please be kind enough to share it.

Thank you.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: schengen visa requirements

Post by terriblescream » Sat May 14, 2011 3:09 am

rastaaa wrote:Hi all,

We would like to travel to Disneyland Paris for our daughter's first birthday. My wife and daughter are british passport holders and myself on indefinite leave to remain in UK.
I have been browsing thru forums and the french embassy website but did not find any solid answers as to whether I need a schengen visa or not??
If i need to get a schengen visa while traveling with my family then do i have to provide hotel reservation, tickets, bank statements, work letter, payslips and travel insurance???

Anyone with any knowledge/experience with this situation please be kind enough to share it.

Thank you.
1. Yes you will need a schengen visa since you are not EU national

2. Hotel Reservation required, bank statements, work letter everything along with travel insurance!

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sat May 14, 2011 8:45 pm

terriblescream wrote:

Thank you.
1. Yes you will need a schengen visa since you are not EU national

2. Hotel Reservation required, bank statements, work letter everything along with travel insurance!
I have just applied for a schengen visa for my wife and I am of the understanding that spouses of UK nationals do not need any of the documents listed, just proof of marriage. Technically, you do not need a visa at all as a spouse of a UK national but it is advisable as many of the Border staff are not aware of the rules........thats what I understand from the info on this board anyway,

rastaaa
Newly Registered

Post by rastaaa » Sun May 15, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks for the replies, but there still seems to be a lot of different stories going around.
@t_kaay - can please update of your outcome.

Thank you.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sun May 15, 2011 1:23 pm

ok, will let you know as soon we get a reply which should be in the next week or so

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:02 am

rastaaa wrote:Thanks for the replies, but there still seems to be a lot of different stories going around.
@t_kaay - can please update of your outcome.

Thank you.
update as requested.....multiple entry visa valid for one year granted :)

TracyCK

Post by TracyCK » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Thank you.
If you hold a passport of a nationality that requires a visa to enter France and since you are travelling with your wife and daughter, you simply need to apply for a (free) schengen visa as the family member of an EEA National. You do not need to provide any information other than your passport and marriage certificate to prove your relationship to the EEA National. The visa should be issued quickly and without any real fuss and there is no charge.
Husband issued with an EEA FP via Surinder Singh and various complications :)
Original thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=45808
Second thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=309363

Marcus Samuel
Newly Registered

Post by Marcus Samuel » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Spouses of UK nationals do not need a visa but just a proof of marriage will do. You are just exercising your rights of travel.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:31 am

Hi rastaaa,
Hi all,

this thread seems a little off track to me. The basic information that you´re all looking for has been extensively discussed throughout the forum.

First of all you can travel visa-free throughout the EU if you meet certain criteria:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=30020

If you are (as per OriginalPoster UK-resident/UK-partner)
  • a non-EU passport holder AND
  • visa-required in the desired country of destination AND
  • married to an EU-partner AND
  • living in the country of which the EU-partner is a national AND
  • the EU-partner never excercised treaty rights
you can still travel visa-free, but it´s not just as easy as in the case as per first link. Read "travel without visa":
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 335#247335

EU-family-members never have to provide hotel reservation, tickets, bank statements, work letter, payslips or travel insurance, travelling with or without visa...

Regards,
Christian