ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:14 am

guys and girls
women and gentlemen
im off to Pakistan
will let u knw when i reach
pray that i have a good journey

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Anjum bhai,

Have a safe journey. Please let us know when you arrive safely. Also, forget all your tensions and worries. Just concentrate on having a great time with your wife.

Go and return safely brother.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 pm

mgsBoy86 wrote:Ali bhai,

Please do not be worried. It's easy to say that, having been through the exact same process. You can't help but worry at times. However, keep faith and stay calm. InshAllah you will get the good news very soon.

To be honest, even though you have only provided Lyca mobile cards as proof of evidence, the remaining evidence with regards to communication and subsisting marriage (visiting your wife is a form of communication) seems very strong. So I wouldn't worry.

Stay positive. InshAllah you will get the good news soon.
Thanks you mgsBoy86 bhai!!! InshAllah we will get the good news very soon.

@anjum bhai, have a safe flight and have a nice time with your wife.
XX

ss27

Post by ss27 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:00 pm

AliGG wrote:Sallam,

Thank you very much mgsBoy86, skah786, serialkiller for sharing what you have submitted. Thats very helpful. I hope you have a wonderful time with your wifes in the future. all the best!!!

@ sehrsih, I know how you feel. I really hope you get your visa. I went to see my wife at the end Feb 2011 for two weeks. Its been 3 months
and I am missing them so much. we took some photos together to prove we are a married couple and have a son as well.

I am worried now, for communication, I only submmited Lyca phone... I know many been refused on that as there is no evidence that we have used that.

However, the only advantage I think I have is that I visited them 3 months ago and took some photos and copies of my passport shows that I have visited them around 10 times after marrying her in 2008.

but still im really worried, I am already going pagal.

Good to everyone

Thanks and kind regards,
Ali
Hi Ali

Every one is pagal here i m missing my wife so much cant explain u

I have submitted my 3 bills highlighted her number plus calling card and also send the call history GT mobile

Ali hope fully next week will be our week Inshallah
just want t ask one thing ( bank statements and paying slip showing the address as well will it not be considered as proof of address

i didnt submitted my utilities bills except my bt bill which is in my name

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Odd, Batley posted up a report yesterday around 10:14pm or so and now his post is deleted.

P.S. It was a fantastic report and may Allah reward you here and hereafter for the rewarding work that you have done in regards to the supporting the flood victims in Pak.

Have a safe flight Anjum and give the security guys in Airport a hard slapjack if they ask you for money :evil:. If not slapjack then a very tight lecture that they will feel very embarrassed.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Hello ss27,

your communication evidence is great. Can I ask u when was the last time u saw your wife?

Yeah, bank statement, payslips proves the address. So don't worry about this.

Yeah I hope next week will be our week with good news.

Kind regards,
Ali pagal :P
XX

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Odd, Batley posted up a report yesterday around 10:14pm or so and now his post is deleted.

P.S. It was a fantastic report and may Allah reward you here and hereafter for the rewarding work that you have done in regards to the supporting the flood victims in Pak.

Have a safe flight Anjum and give the security guys in Airport a hard slapjack if they ask you for money :evil:. If not slapjack then a very tight lecture that they will feel very embarrassed.
Yes I read the report too..not word for word but skimmed through it as I was at work....wonderful job he's doing/has done mashAllah.

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Ali bhai dont worry about the communication as yours is the most strong communcation i hhave ever seen 10 times in 2-3 years masha Allah. I wish i could have done the same but did not have enough resources so i visited her only once in 2 years, this makes our case weak.

this is the rest we provided for communication:

few letters, cards and emails
vectone mobile cards
Pakistani calling cards
landline bills from both sides showing our numbers
receipts showing her mobile phone top-up by me (ezetop.com)
receipts of online money transfer into her a/c by me
our bank statements showing above transactions
my visit pictures with our daughter

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Ss27 yeah but copies of my passport wasn't attested. So I'm not sure if they will be satisfied or not. But there is some hope.

To be honest, yours is strong as you have provided many evidence. I'm sure u will fine bhai jaan.

@ shadow bhai, hope u get a good news.

Good luck all for next week.

Cheers,
XX

general

Post by general » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Can I ask how many of you guys have used a solicitor to handle your applications and how many have done it all themselves? And what where the outcome?

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 pm

AliGG wrote:yeah but copies of my passport wasn't attested. So I'm not sure if they will be satisfied or not. But there is some hope.
bhai jan i did the same mistake i sent unattested copies of my passport, but gerry's staff never asked my wife to get them attested at the time of submitting her application. insha Allah there is alot of hope.

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:30 pm

I sent an email to the manager at Gerry's asking if its a mistake submitting the photocopies without attestation and is it possible for them to put the attested copies with the application afterwards? Manager replied as follows

Dear Mr, ,

Thank you for your email, kindly note that its not mandatory that sponsor’s passport copy must be attested, and we already have forwarded your passport to the British high commission Islamabad & we can’t send any additional document separately after submission of the passports. Applicants are instructed to submit the entire supporting document along with their passports.

skah786

Post by skah786 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:29 pm

general wrote:Can I ask how many of you guys have used a solicitor to handle your applications and how many have done it all themselves? And what where the outcome?
Hi,
I used a solicitor, visa was granted

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:06 am

general wrote:Can I ask how many of you guys have used a solicitor to handle your applications and how many have done it all themselves? And what where the outcome?
i haven't used a solicitor as I think they Take our money for nothing. This is my personal opinion. If we read the visa requirement properly then we should be fine. For appeal it might be best to get a solicitor....

I'm still waiting, it's almost 12 weeks now.
XX

ss27

Post by ss27 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:42 am

AliGG wrote:Hello ss27,

your communication evidence is great. Can I ask u when was the last time u saw your wife?

Yeah, bank statement, payslips proves the address. So don't worry about this.

Yeah I hope next week will be our week with good news.

Kind regards,
Hi Ali

hope fuly next week will be our Inshallah

last time i saw her in december

regards

ss27

ss27

Post by ss27 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:47 am

AliGG wrote:Ss27 yeah but copies of my passport wasn't attested. So I'm not sure if they will be satisfied or not. But there is some hope.

To be honest, yours is strong as you have provided many evidence. I'm sure u will fine bhai jaan.

@ shadow bhai, hope u get a good news.

Good luck all for next week.

Cheers,
mine wasnt attested either

good luck

fz158

Post by fz158 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 am

ali sher wrote:
AliGG wrote:yeah but copies of my passport wasn't attested. So I'm not sure if they will be satisfied or not. But there is some hope.
bhai jan i did the same mistake i sent unattested copies of my passport, but gerry's staff never asked my wife to get them attested at the time of submitting her application. insha Allah there is alot of hope.
I submitted all my documents and my passport as sponsor wasnt attested and that wasnt used as reason for rejection of initial application. They gave some other reason that was complete BS!

Also when we got my wifes two prior Visitor visas, when we provided my passport copies, they were not attested and she still got visa both times.

Tbh therefore shouldnt be a problem but saying that, like i have learnt from this process, just dont leave anything down to the judgment of the ECO.

Hope this helps
Zaki

khan786

Post by khan786 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:17 am

Salaam all,

I sent a email asking for outcome of appeal and received a response today ..does this mean i will be going court?

Thank you for your email of 31/05/2011 asking for progress on your visa application. Please note that your appeal documents were sent to the Immigration and Asylum First Tier (IAFT) Chamber on 02/06/2011 for their consideration. For any further enquiries about your appeal, you can contact the IAFT at: Customer.Service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk Unless there is a change in your circumstances, it is not necessary for you to contact us again until you have received a copy of the outcome from the IAFT. Yours sincerely, Visa Enquiry Desk
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

Visa321

English test - changes?

Post by Visa321 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Slaam to all the brothers and sisters out there :)

I've been reading this forum for a while now, and its fantastic and a great help.

I got married in December and am inshallah hoping to submit my papers in july for my wife's visa. She is currently on an english course and was going to sit the exam at the end of this month (June) however I've heard that there are some changes coming ito place in the 17th of july and I;ve also heard that if you wish to apply for the visa after the 17th of july then you have to sit the test after that date? Is this correct? Shall i advise my wife to delay sitting the test until after the 17th of July as I we will be applying after that date?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jzk

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:52 pm

MojoJojo wrote:
Shadow86 wrote:Odd, Batley posted up a report yesterday around 10:14pm or so and now his post is deleted.

Yes I read the report too..not word for word but skimmed through it as I was at work....wonderful job he's doing/has done mashAllah.

Totally agree with both your comments :)

MojoJojo

Post by MojoJojo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:01 pm

skah786 wrote:
Hi,
I used a solicitor, visa was granted
Just a quick question...if God Forbid my visa gets rejected on less proof of subsisting contact(since everyone here is talking about it and thats freaking me out):( then is it better if my hubby comes to Pakistan for a bit and then lodges that appeal thing when he goes back? We got married in December and he wants to come to Pak now but I told him not to come since its so hot,conditions of the city,bombings,strikes n all....we primarily communicate via skype...multiple times throughout the day sometimes for hours with him on his phone and me using the laptop...do you think that a transcript of those sessions is enough proof if God forbid the visa gets rejected on those grounds?

wassap

Post by wassap » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Ur hubby spending time with you will definately your case for sure.But right now dont worry too much.No point worrying about what hasnt happened, inshallah all will be well.

nazema

Post by nazema » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi

I have heard from family that someone they know has recieved his visa after 19 days of applying and another person after 10 days. However, on this board I have read that it is normally 12 weeks. Has anyone ever recieved their visa quick?

Also what is the normal outcome for applications lodged at mirpur? and how long do they normally take?

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 pm

khan786 wrote:Salaam all,

I sent a email asking for outcome of appeal and received a response today ..does this mean i will be going court?

Thank you for your email of 31/05/2011 asking for progress on your visa application. Please note that your appeal documents were sent to the Immigration and Asylum First Tier (IAFT) Chamber on 02/06/2011 for their consideration. For any further enquiries about your appeal, you can contact the IAFT at: Customer.Service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk Unless there is a change in your circumstances, it is not necessary for you to contact us again until you have received a copy of the outcome from the IAFT. Yours sincerely, Visa Enquiry Desk
Someone please shed some light on this query of khan786

Freakin' freaky email man!!! You got this response from the ECO team?? It seems to indicate that what they are talking about is the appeal bundle and if yes then that means you will be going to court.

:( I really hope I am wrong yaar. So they are saying 2nd June is when they sent appeal bundle to IAFT. Give it next week and you may receive a letter and that'll confirm what the actual situation is.

Please do keep us posted. Can you remind us the grounds of ur refusal please? Just because case 'might' go to court, don't be let down, keep your chin up as sometimes cases get overturned at court so perhaps urs will too.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
khan786 wrote:Salaam all,

Someone please shed some light on this query of khan786

Freakin' freaky email man!!! You got this response from the ECO team?? It seems to indicate that what they are talking about is the appeal bundle and if yes then that means you will be going to court.

:( I really hope I am wrong yaar. So they are saying 2nd June is when they sent appeal bundle to IAFT. Give it next week and you may receive a letter and that'll confirm what the actual situation is.

Please do keep us posted. Can you remind us the grounds of ur refusal please? Just because case 'might' go to court, don't be let down, keep your chin up as sometimes cases get overturned at court so perhaps urs will too.
It simply means it will be sorted out an appeal hearing which should be soon