ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension - Income Assessment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malikjitin
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Extension - Income Assessment

Post by malikjitin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi everyone

I have been reading through quite a few posts and realised moderators and others here have more information than whats conveyed by homeoffice on their website.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with my queries please. I was granted Tier 1 General in Oct 2008 and extension to be filed around 20 Sept 2011.

1. I have two jobs, for main job pay date is 05 of every month and other part time is end of every month. So how would my assessment period work to include both the salaries. As far my calculation works I might loose one period of part time wage.

2. How does 12 months out of 15 months exactly works out.

My part time job actually finished on 31 March 2011.
And my visa renewal date is 12 Oct 2011
With Application date would be 20 Sept 2011 (28 days before the application)

I want to show salary untill 05 July 2011. Can I do that. As 06 July 2010 takes it beyond 15 Months period.

3. In the guidance notes it asks for two different verification for each of the sources of Income.
I have wageslips from both employers however salaries get in to the same bank account.
Do I need to get some third verification source for one my salaries.

Your reply would be really helpfull as I am just getting no where with Home Office website. Even if you cant reply to all the queries please reply to whatever parts of queries you can.

Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi Malikjitin,

1. You need to provide more clarity for your first question, as you didn't really ask a question but made a statement.

2. Any earnings made within a consecutive 12 month period within a 15 month period prior to your application date is accepted.
Bear in mind that although it is advised that you send your application about 1 month before it expires, it is not a rule and you can send it earlier if it will affect your earnings claim. The only down side is that it might cut short your 5 years stay to get ILR if you send it too early, which may lead to another extension.

3. Just tick on your bank statements the transactions paid by your employers, and in conjunction with your payslips that's all you need.

Kind Regards

malikjitin
Newly Registered

Thank You

Post by malikjitin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Dear

I never imagined the users of this website to be so proactive and efficient.

Thank You.

Towards Point 1 - The pay date for both the jobs is different. I dont know how that would effect/fit in the asessment period claimed on the application form.

As it asks to enter exact 12 Month period. My exact 12 months run from 06 July 2010 - 05 July 2011.

Now how my part time job for which the pay period was 30th of every month would fit in this criterian.
As it would count as 01 July 2010 - 31 March 2011 and 01 July is before the start of exact 12 month period of asessment which starts on 06 July 2010.
---------------------------------
Further based on your reply, I have drafted a small table just for my excercise to see if am right or wrong.

VISA Expiry 13/10/2011

28 Days Before Expiry 16/09/2011

Application Date 20/09/2011

Period of earning 06 July 2010 - 05 July 2011

Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Malikjitin,

Thanks for providing more clarity.

If you apply say 16/08/11 instead of 20/09/2011, will your earnings still be enough to give you the points to get the extension?

I ask this question because if you apply at that point, you will be able to use all your part time earnings.

malikjitin
Newly Registered

Post by malikjitin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:08 pm

But If I apply a month early on 16 Aug 2011, I will loose out on 05 Year completion and would have to seak another extention before I could qualify for ILR.

That wouldn't be an ideal situation I would say. Spending another £1000.00 and risking another extention in everyday chaning rules wouldnt be in plans for anyone I would guess.

Does my part time salary does not fit at all in the asessment of my earning....!

Regards

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Your part time earning fits into your earning assessment only for the 12 month period you claim for.

You have 2 options:

1. If you read this forum, applications are taking a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks at the earliest to get a decision. You will also need to give biometrics and it takes some time to get an appointment. I reckon if you submit late August, and get the letter for biometric appointment, you can intentionally choose a date say late September or early Ocotber. By the time they send your biometric details to the Home Office, you should be in October and you won't need to renew your visa once again to get ILR.

2. Now I asked a question earlier, do you need all the earnings of your part time job to qualify or can you discard the first month earning and still qualify? If you don't need all your part time earnings, discard the first month and just apply at the original time you planned to.

Please, only do so if you will get enough points to qualify without the first month, else you would probably need to go for option 1.

Kind Regards

malikjitin
Newly Registered

Post by malikjitin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:11 am

Thank You

Option1:
Now I know where you are coming from.

Exactly.. It never trigreed my mind what you have just picked up.

I think your advice out weighs my assumptions.

I will go as per your advice in point 1

Option 2: If I disregard the first month I have checked that I still qualify with extra 05 Points. However Option 1 you gave me is more practical and safe.

I will go and see a solicitor now to start with Option 1 rather waiting until September and will keep you all updated of the progress.

Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:37 am

Good luck and I hope you are successful with your application.

Kind regards