ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonway12
Newly Registered

Re: Info

Post by jonway12 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:16 pm

[quote="nax_72"][quote="jonway12"]For those who wish to find out if their Council have recived their certificate but have not yet recieved HO approval. The ref number the council will request is your ref number you gave HO when you apply for naturalisation. it can be found in your letter issued to you for your ILR.

hope this help[/quote]

This is not always true. I applied for myself and our two kids (3 in total). I got a single acknowledgement letter with a reference number (XXXXXX) which was the same all through the ceremony and with the certificate as well. After this my wife applied for her naturalization which come with a new reference number in acknowledgement letter. Now in the final approval letter she got the same number as us with a '/4' at the end. I mean XXXXXX/4. '4' might be the fourth person in the family. Her own acknowledgement letter reference number is no where seen in her approval letter.[/quote]

nax_72

Base on my experience and three others it was true, may be it is a coicidence. However yours was multiple application and each of you will need a unique identifyer which is normal[/quote]

Mptp76
Newly Registered

Post by Mptp76 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Criteria - 5yrs Sponsored Work Permit + 1yr ILR
Submitted at NCS Ealing - 18th May, 2011
Received at HO - 19th May, 2011
Debit Card debited - 03th June, 2011
Acknowledgement Letter Received - 04th June
Decision Made -
Approval Letter Posted -
Approval Letter Received -

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:13 pm

I can understand the frustration due to delay in getting approval letters for people who need passport/travelling and haven't applied through NCS. But otherwise does it make any difference staying on ILR for a bit longer. Or is it a worry of being refused or something? I have been been watching few threads for a while and haven't seen a BC being refused yet.

Am i missing something??

HaseebKhan

Post by HaseebKhan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:31 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:I am sure I have read some where here were the person was accepted without the letter.
Hi, I went without HO letter for ceremony (Chichester) in last year Oct, my council asked me to bring 2 photo ID (one with address ), I have carried with me Driving Lic and my OLD Passport..

Even I had received my HO letter after my British Passport :)

it is depend on council to council ..
Last edited by HaseebKhan on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiran234

Post by Kiran234 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:00 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:I haven't received the invitation yet, but my council has got my certificate. Does any one know if I book private ceremony they will let me in without HO invitation letter with other forms of IDs?
call them and ask for a private ceremony, they will email you the dates and forms whid yiu can fill and email them back then they will send you the invite..

this is how it was for me

dsk

Post by dsk » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:15 am

ferrailondon & rest all
what should I do?

theclumsywizard
Newly Registered

Post by theclumsywizard » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:07 pm

March acknowledgment and still waiting :)

guys does it make a difference to the timeline if you have applied for two people (like i have for me and my wife)

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:29 pm

theclumsywizard wrote:March acknowledgment and still waiting :)

guys does it make a difference to the timeline if you have applied for two people (like i have for me and my wife)
I think it should not. But it all depends on the kinds of checks they do

I ve applied on 17 march, ack received on 30 march credit card debited on 27 march thereafter nothing. I had rang last week they said, file has been completed and the certificate printed, when rang council, no record of my certificate. Neither have I received any approval letter. I am going to ring them tomorrow afternoon to find out the update and will try and get the answers in a simple English that everyone can understand. Let's see how successful will I be tomorrow on that

Nole
Newly Registered

Post by Nole » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi all, here is my timeline so far:

CRITERIA - :5 years WP + 1 year ILR (joint + 3xMN1)
NCS or Postal: POSTAL
Date of submission or posting: 30/03/2011
HO received: 31/03/2011 (Guaranteed nxt day delivery)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 11/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement dated 16/04/2011
Date of receipt of approval: 02/06/2011 Dated: 31/05/2011
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Date of appln. for passport : TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC

Currently awaiting invitation letter. Good luck to all in the waiting club, I am sure all March applicants will receive their approvals very soon !

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Nole wrote:Hi all, here is my timeline so far:

L al applicants will receive their approvals very soon !
Congratulations nole. Was your ho ref number on approval letter same as the number on your ilr approval letter?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:55 pm

@dsk mate I think they picked up your application for random checks, I heard before that some application they do complete checks i.e tax issues, convictions etc and then it all depends on the third parties how quickly they release your details to HO etc. But don't worry if all good you will get yours at the end. They already cover their back by saying wait for around 6 months. You can't argue with HO over this issue. Just wait and see I really hope you get yours soon.

VSAndroid

Post by VSAndroid » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:09 am

allta wrote:
allta wrote:Finally, after 7yrs in Queensland, I get on the BC waiting list.

Criteria - 2yrs Working Holiday Maker + 4yrs HSMP JR + 1yr ILR (Director of Ltd Company in last 1yr)
Submitted at NCS Southwark - 23rd March, 2011
Received at HO - 24th March, 2011
Debit Card debited - 28th March, 2011
Acknowledgement Letter Received -
Approval Letter Posted - 
Approval Letter Received - 

The NCS personnel said it's a busy time because many people want to send in their application before the new fees take effect, and that there are many applications HO is dealing with and that generally application takes no more than 8weeks during this period.

Well, I better hope mine won't take more than 4weeks, else the waiting will drive me nuts.
Well, it sure took more than 4weeks :-)
Criteria - 2yrs Working Holiday Maker + 4yrs HSMP JR + 1yr ILR (Director of Ltd Company in last 1yr)
Submitted at NCS Southwark - 23rd March, 2011
Received at HO - 24th March, 2011
Debit Card debited - 28th March, 2011
Acknowledgement Letter Received - Didn't get Ack Letter
Decision Made - 26 May
Approval Letter Posted - Dated 27th May, Posted 31st May
Approval Letter Received - 04 June

Special thanks to Bhumi, VSAndroid, FerrariLondon, oluwa112...the list goes on....you guys were fantastic and helped me to keep the faith at the very last minute......i Love you guys and before sharing with my family, I thought to drop a note here.......now, on to the citizenship ceremony, but I'll sure take my time now as I've not had more than 4hrs sleep at night for the last one week, thinking of what could possibly go wrong with my application. Thank God, it's all over now after serious 7years commitments to this wonderful island.
Congrats!!! Enjoy the freedom!

sudhirdige

Post by sudhirdige » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 am

Hi all, here is my timeline so far:

CRITERIA - :WP + HSPMP+tier 1+ILR
NCS or Postal: NCS manchester
Date of submission or posting: 06/06/2011
HO received: TBC
Date of debit of debit/credit card: TBC
Date of receipt of acknowledgement dated TBC
Date of receipt of approval: Dated: TBC

pretty straightforward application lets see how long home office takes to process it

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:32 am

lionking007 wrote:
theclumsywizard wrote:March acknowledgment and still waiting :)

I think it should not. But it all depends on the kinds of checks they do

I ve applied on 17 march, ack received on 30 march credit card debited on 27 march thereafter nothing. I had rang last week they said, file has been completed and the certificate printed, when rang council, no record of my certificate. Neither have I received any approval letter. I am going to ring them tomorrow afternoon to find out the update and will try and get the answers in a simple English that everyone can understand. Let's see how successful will I be tomorrow on that
Rang the HO a few minutes back, they advised that the descision was made on the 27th May. Did not give the descision on the phone, but they said that the email was sent to the case working team as there was an error; she did not give the detail. She advised that I will be receiving a letter in the post soon.

I am now really getting worried; its been a few days and have not received anything. I hope its positive news.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 am

HO is making a lot of errors now a days isn't it? :roll: I just booked a private ceremony for tomorrow and wont be fully satisfied until I get my Naturalisation certificate in my hand. You never know they might come out with some error thingy :x
But don't worry Lionking007 I am sure your case is with some lazy case worker and will be sorted soon.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:21 am

ferrarilondon wrote:HO is making a lot of errors now a days isn't it? :roll: I just booked a private ceremony for tomorrow and wont be fully satisfied until I get my Naturalisation certificate in my hand. You never know they might come out with some error thingy :x
But don't worry Lionking007 I am sure your case is with some lazy case worker and will be sorted soon.
Ferrari, I am not worried about the caseworker, I am worried about the error that they are not willing to disclose. I was looking forward to receiving my approval letter last week. Its now another week of wait with blood pressure going up & down.

Mozart
Newly Registered

Timeline

Post by Mozart » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Here is my timeline.

Type :: NCS Epping
Date of submission..................21/03/2011
Date application received by UKBA....22/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card.........25/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...30/03/2011 (dated 25/03/2011)
Date of receipt of approval..........27/05/2011 (dated 20/05/2011)
Date of ceremony.....................01/06/2011
Date of Passport Application.........03/06/2011
Date of Passport Appointment.........PENDING
Date of Passport Receipt.............PENDING

Does anyone have updates/information with regard to timeline for the next stage i.e. getting something back from the IPS and getting an appointment and then passport etc.

Thanks!

btw - many congratulations to recent approval recipients!!!

moneydogg
Newly Registered

timeline

Post by moneydogg » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Type : NCS
Date of submission : 16/03/2011
Date app received by ho : 23/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card : 26/03/2011
Date of ack : 30/03/2011 (dated 26/03/2011
Date of received approval : 02/06/2011 (dated 26/05/2011
Date of ceremony : 16/06/2011
Date of passport app : pending
Date of passport appointment : pending
Date of passport receipt : pending

Good luck to all the rest of people waiting .

allta

Post by allta » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:30 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:HO is making a lot of errors now a days isn't it? :roll: I just booked a private ceremony for tomorrow and wont be fully satisfied until I get my Naturalisation certificate in my hand. You never know they might come out with some error thingy :x
I just found out I don't have to wait for another letter. Spoke to HO and they said with the letter I received on Sat, I should go ahead and book ceremony with council andI was advised to contact my council with 21days of receiving the letter.

I've tried to reach the council on the phone to no avail, left several voicemails. I'll try and do a walk-in to see if they can attend to me at the council
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

allta

Post by allta » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:59 pm

allta wrote:
I just found out I don't have to wait for another letter. Spoke to HO and they said with the letter I received on Sat, I should go ahead and book ceremony with council andI was advised to contact my council with 21days of receiving the letter.

I've tried to reach the council on the phone to no avail, left several voicemails. I'll try and do a walk-in to see if they can attend to me at the council
Ceremony booked for 16th June. Almost there....

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:14 pm

allta wrote:
allta wrote:

Ceremony booked for 16th June. Almost there....

MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS ALTA.......enjoy your freedom....i had my ceremony on 2 June and sent passport application on same date....waiting for the interview letter now.....

allta

Post by allta » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:47 pm

FerrariLondon, I feel you hence why I reconsidered my laid back strategy for the ceremony. It's a shame my council doesn't do private ceremonies, so I have to wait till 16th June.

Bhumi, nice one and congrats.....how does it feel being a Brit? I have to wait till next week to experience it.

To those whose app is still with the HO, continue to be patient guys, you know it will surely come, be it this week, month, or next.....try and occupy your mind with something else.

Nole
Newly Registered

Post by Nole » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:44 pm

lionking007 wrote:
Nole wrote:Hi all, here is my timeline so far:

L al applicants will receive their approvals very soon !

Congratulations nole. Was your ho ref number on approval letter same as the number on your ilr approval letter?

Not really. In fact, The HO ref was empty in my ILR notification letter.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:22 pm

hi guyz
can i ask what dose that mean a Straight Farward case. how many types of cases there to deal with i cant understand that. hope somone will explain me.
thnx

allta

Post by allta » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Nazia88 wrote:hi guyz
can i ask what dose that mean a Straight Farward case. how many types of cases there to deal with i cant understand that. hope somone will explain me.
thnx
Hi Nazia, perhaps not the best thread to raise such question, but let me say to you that Straight Forward cases are cases where no discretion need to be exercised. A school of thought believes that people who have been employed to same employer, no criminal conviction/traffic offence and have lived at 1 single address via their entire qualifying period can be termed as Straight forward case applicants. This is just a myth IMHO, because we've seen plenty cases where such applications take longer than those with more employers/addresses/unspent convictions.

Hope that helps...