ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr cancelation.(plsss help)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zyab
Newly Registered

ilr cancelation.(plsss help)

Post by zyab » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:08 pm

hi
plsss if anybody can help me with this.

i am on indefinite leave to enter uk. i want divorce from my husband and he is threatning me that he will get my indefinite to enter uk canceled. i got my indefinite stay in 2006. and i m resident of uk since 2000. i didnt apply for british passport as i m from malaysia i cant hav two citizenships at a time.
can he really get my indefinite stay canceled. as i m a peacfull resident, never had any criminal record, never indulged in any criminal, anti social or anit state activity. as that really possible that he can get my indefinite stay canceled just like tht bcs i m leaving him. i want divorce of him.
all suggestions, advices and information would b appreciated. i m looking forward for kind n informative replies.
thnk u all very much.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:04 pm

I would seek advice from a good solicitor. It sounds like your husband is a nasty piece of work.

I don't think ILR can be taken away from you unless you've committed a serious crime (even then I don't think they take it away) or break the conditions, i.e. stay more than 2 years out of the UK.

Get a good decent lawyer for your divorce and if you can surround yourself with people that can give you the support you need.

nicky1234
BANNED

Re: ilr cancelation.(plsss help)

Post by nicky1234 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:00 pm

zyab wrote:hi
plsss if anybody can help me with this.

i am on indefinite leave to enter uk. i want divorce from my husband and he is threatning me that he will get my indefinite to enter uk canceled. i got my indefinite stay in 2006. and i m resident of uk since 2000. i didnt apply for british passport as i m from malaysia i cant hav two citizenships at a time.
can he really get my indefinite stay canceled. as i m a peacfull resident, never had any criminal record, never indulged in any criminal, anti social or anit state activity. as that really possible that he can get my indefinite stay canceled just like tht bcs i m leaving him. i want divorce of him.
all suggestions, advices and information would b appreciated. i m looking forward for kind n informative replies.
thnk u all very much.
Relax he can not cancel you ILE.
Unless you commit some serious crime and are danger to public safety.

So relax and chill

Nicky

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:45 pm

There is no way your partner can cancel your ILR.It is an empty threat.Even Secretary of State cannot threaten you with cancellation.Once you acquired ILR you can only lose it if you stay more than 2 years from UK.Even that there is a process you have to go through

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 am

Not quite Troubled. As the OP has been correctly advised it can be revoked if you have committed a serious crime or are a threat to public safety. However, the important point is the husband can't have any influence on the OP's continuing legal right to remain permanently in the UK following the divorce.

zyab
Newly Registered

Post by zyab » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:33 am

I am Singaporean but i have got UK ILE(PR). currently i am in singapore and going through divorce process. i was married to a pakistani in year 1998. that time he was on student visa. in year 2006 my husband he got ILE(PR) and i applied for my ILE from singapore and got it. in year 2007 he got his british nationality. now we are not togther anymore. i am waiting for my divorce to be over and then i will fly back to UK. But my uncle has informed me that my husband has contacted immigration in uk and they have cancled my PR, bcs he told them that i got it because of him, since i am divorcing with him my PR shuold be cancled bcs according to him i married him for pr and uk citizenship.and immigration have revocked my PR status. Respected Sir/ Madam i have been living in uk for last 11 years of my life. we were in marriage even after i got my PR in 2006. How it can be done.currently i am not in uk so dont really know wat i can do from here. this is wt visa states on my passport.
VISA TYPE: SETTLEMENT WIFE OBSER: INDEFINITE LEAVE TO ENTER. ISSUED DATE: 14/11/06 Please i would b greatly thankful for all the help and advise.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:48 am

Unless your husband can prove the application for your ILE was applied for under false pretences your visa can't be revoked. Proving this would be a lengthy process and not something acted upon at UK immigration simply as a result of a telephone call. It's also extremely difficult to prove especially as the marriage continued after you were granted ILE. Also as your husband supported your application he would be implicating himself and would be facing legal charges.
My opinion is that this is just intended to frighten you to prevent you returning.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:56 am

When did you last enter and depart the UK on the ILE?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zyab
Newly Registered

Post by zyab » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:20 am

i been living in uk for last 11 years. but we were use to travel alot to singapore or middle east. but i left uk in july 2010. about 6 months ago.

i have contacted british high commission in singapore but they said they cant do anything and i need to engage an immigration lawyer. and home office says thyey cant help because i m not in uk at this moment.

and we were married 7 years before me or my husband got our PRs. we were amrried in 1998. whereas we got PRs in year 2006. n 2007 he claimed his citizenship n i didnt as i didnt mind living on my PR status.

so do i really need to worry about it or it is just a threat???

zyab
Newly Registered

Post by zyab » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:26 am

and big problem is that i m not in uk at this moment so i cant really find out wats going on. in any case will home office contact me????? or high commission in singapore to give me a chance to defend myself.???

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:25 am

An ILE/ILR holder would be subject to the returning residents provisions, if travelling. ILE/ILR is not easy to revoke under other circumstances.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

zyab
Newly Registered

Post by zyab » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 am

i have recently found out that my husband has hired som lawyer in UK so they can cancle my ILR. but i dont know wats the process or how it happens. i contacted uk high commission in SINGAPORE, they said they cant help i need to contact HOME OFFICE in uk. Upon contacting them they said i need to get in touch with high commission in singapore. as they only deal with cases within uk.

now i m in deep stress and confusion where to seek help from. as i wont even know if they choose cancle my ILR as i m not in uk at the moment. which authority i can contact for help???
any advice wud greatly be appreciated.

th

Post by th » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:15 pm

zyab wrote:i have recently found out that my husband has hired som lawyer in UK so they can cancle my ILR. but i dont know wats the process or how it happens. i contacted uk high commission in SINGAPORE, they said they cant help i need to contact HOME OFFICE in uk. Upon contacting them they said i need to get in touch with high commission in singapore. as they only deal with cases within uk.

now i m in deep stress and confusion where to seek help from. as i wont even know if they choose cancle my ILR as i m not in uk at the moment. which authority i can contact for help???
any advice wud greatly be appreciated.
The "easiest" option for you is to travel back to the UK and you can verify if you get into the country when you pass the immigration officer. To be frank, without much details, I hardly see how your ILE can be cancelled.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Yes. Do travel back to the UK, with the ILE, before you have spent more than two years outside the UK.

If you are refused, then you should have the right of appeal from within the UK.
Last edited by vinny on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

tulip4500

hi

Post by tulip4500 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:46 am

Why it is called "Indefinite Leave to Remain"? why not "Permanent Leave to Remain"?