ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences since first entering the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jojobabyb
Newly Registered

Absences since first entering the UK

Post by jojobabyb » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:32 am

Hi, I'm trying to fill in the Set (O) form in the condition of 10 year long residence but I'm having difficulties in completing the section where it says "absences since first entering the UK". I go home every summer and I take short holidays (5 days or so) in Europe from time to time and I can't remember all the trips made during the past 10/11 years. Can anyone give me suggestions as to how to fill this section please? Very much appreciated.

psdesai
BANNED

Re: Absences since first entering the UK

Post by psdesai » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:38 am

jojobabyb wrote:Hi, I'm trying to fill in the Set (O) form in the condition of 10 year long residence but I'm having difficulties in completing the section where it says "absences since first entering the UK". I go home every summer and I take short holidays (5 days or so) in Europe from time to time and I can't remember all the trips made during the past 10/11 years. Can anyone give me suggestions as to how to fill this section please? Very much appreciated.
You can contact UKBA to release SAR. SAR is basically an immigration history. It will cost £10 but it takes max 40 day to process. Search on the internet for "UKBA SAR" and you should be able to find this.
Good luck
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 am

another option is go through your passport and note down all the stamps and country they are from. use excel to accumulate this info and then sort on date.. you will get datewise report of stamps from your passport.

Hope this helps.

jojobabyb
Newly Registered

Post by jojobabyb » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks so much! I'm sending the request tomorrow. The reason why I couldn't count all the dates was my passport was never stamped when I left the country.

Polat
BANNED

Post by Polat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:12 am

but it is stamped from country of arrival ... so you just collect those stamps dates then you will be able to know how many trips you have done .. and dont forget that UKBA stamps your passport on arrival to UK back from your holiday