ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Additional Part Time JOB on ICT Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kishan7482
Newly Registered

Additional Part Time JOB on ICT Tier 2

Post by Kishan7482 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi All,

I am currently in ICT tier 2, can I take additional Part time employment to make up for the required earnings threshold to get my ILR ? Should it be under the same SOC ? Also should I notify my employer ?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kishan

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:33 pm

See Tier 2(ICT) Working and conditions. Regards to informing your employer, I think that's your choice to make.

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Additional Part Time JOB on ICT Tier 2

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Kishan7482 wrote: I am currently in ICT tier 2, can I take additional Part time employment to make up for the required earnings threshold to get my ILR ?
I don't think you can make up the required earnings via additional employment. For you to meet the requirements for Appropriate salary and allowances, your sponsor has to certify in writing that you are being paid at or above the required job rate as specified in the COP. Sponsor also has to certify in writing that they still want you working for them.

See 245GF. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain, part (e)

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Kishan7482 wrote:Hi All,

I am currently in ICT tier 2, can I take additional Part time employment to make up for the required earnings threshold to get my ILR ? Should it be under the same SOC ? Also should I notify my employer ?

Thanks,
Kishan
When did you initially get your ICT visa?

Kishan7482
Newly Registered

Post by Kishan7482 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 am

ouflak1 wrote:
Kishan7482 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks,
Kishan
When did you initially get your ICT visa?
Hi,

I got my initial work permit in Aug-2006, for a year, that was extended inside UK for further period of 2 years, in Aug-2009 I got the ICT but from India,because my company wouldn't apply anymore extension within UK.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks,
Kiran

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 pm

If you got your ICT in India, then I believe your ILR clock has been re-set to the date you got your ICT.