ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Delu
Newly Registered

Spouse visa query

Post by Delu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:34 pm

I am a Brtish and so are our 2 children - we are applying for a spouse visa for my husband of 16 years (he has previously held an ILR - 14 years ago) - we were not expecting it to be so complicated and I will already be in the UK when my husband puts his application in in Brazil.
Does this matter or should I hang on in Brazil and wait for his visa to come through ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Please try and continue in your existing post rather than opening another one.

Whilst you are here, I might as well answer your query.

Deciding whether you should stay with your husband or you come to the UK first depends on how you are going to maintain, support and accommodate your husband if and when he comes here to the UK.

If you have no where to live, and not enough money or job, then you will need to come over first and get these things before you can call your husband over because you will have to show the ECO looking at your application how you intend to do above.

If on the other hand you have arranged all this and can show you that you can do above without the need to come to the UK, then you might as well wait till the outcome of your husbands application and then come over together. If you cant do the latter then you will have to the first one.

Hope this helps :wink:

Delu
Newly Registered

Post by Delu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks for that info - sorry didn´t realise I had to stay in the same thread.
Our income is based on properties that we have rented out in Brazil. it is my husband´s full time job and will continue to support us whether we are in Brazil or not. I am working also in Brazil at a school but am leaving on June 17 and going to the UK on the 5th July. Does this matter? All the documentation will be ready for him to submit his application as soon as he receives his TOEIC test results. Does it matter if I am going ahead to have a holiday with my family - this will not affect our income in any way. So I have a letter from both parents saying that we are able to stay at either one of their houses cost free for as long as necessary and the income from rents in Brazil to support us. These incomes will be clearly demonstrated on our joint bank account details and I will be sending translations of the rental agreements. Is there anything I haven´t thought of ???????

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Delu wrote:Thanks for that info - sorry didn´t realise I had to stay in the same thread.
Our income is based on properties that we have rented out in Brazil. it is my husband´s full time job and will continue to support us whether we are in Brazil or not. I am working also in Brazil at a school but am leaving on June 17 and going to the UK on the 5th July. Does this matter? All the documentation will be ready for him to submit his application as soon as he receives his TOEIC test results. Does it matter if I am going ahead to have a holiday with my family - this will not affect our income in any way. So I have a letter from both parents saying that we are able to stay at either one of their houses cost free for as long as necessary and the income from rents in Brazil to support us. These incomes will be clearly demonstrated on our joint bank account details and I will be sending translations of the rental agreements. Is there anything I haven´t thought of ???????
The reason why you should stay in the same thread, is so you don't receive conflicting advise in different posts.

As far as you coming to the UK before your husband does, it should not have any effect on the outcome of his application

Read this link for further info
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/spouses

Read 3,3 carefully and make sure you make it clear that you are applying for ILE ( providing you meet the requirements.) It will be better for you in the long term)

If you are still not sure about anything after that, then you are welcomed to ask here

Delu
Newly Registered

Post by Delu » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks again for that info. I presume that by applying for ILE I still use
the settlement form VAF4A ???? We are in Brazil.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:04 pm

In order to be granted ILE your husband will have to first pass the Life in the UK test (KOL) which can only be taken in the UK.
You can apply for ILE (KOL required) and once he has passed the test after arriving in the UK he can then apply for ILR without waiting the standard 2 years.
The test could also be taken during a visit to the UK, in which case ILE could be issued immediately from Brazil.
Yes, it's form VAF4a

Delu
Newly Registered

translated documents

Post by Delu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 am

Does anyone know if official documents such and deeds and rental contracts have to be translated by sworn translators ?? I have been trawling the websites and the only information I can find is from Worldbridge>
Translations

You will also need to provide a translation of any supporting documents which are not in English, or your application may be refused. Each translated document must:

be dated;
include the translator's name and signature;
include confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document; and
the translator's contact details.
Would appreciate any help!

Delu
Newly Registered

Offer of emplyment for spouse visa

Post by Delu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:48 pm

If I submit translations (we are in Brazil) of rental contracts in my name and proof of receipt in my account with bank statements, is it enough to satisfy that we have adequate means to support ourselves ?

Just another query - My father has offered to employ my husband when we come to the UK - would this strnegthen our case or does a job offer after he has been out of the country for 14 years seem suspicious ???

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 pm

As the offer of employment is from a close relative you will need to show that the job actually exists and that the offer is genuine.