ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from BC by decent to other form of BC'ship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

general

Changing from BC by decent to other form of BC'ship?

Post by general » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi

I am a British Citizen by decent and not by birth, what I wanted to know was is it possible to change to some other form of citizen ship? I ask because I was told my children cannot inherit nationality if born abroad and I have a son who is not a BC who lives abroad.

Thanx

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:45 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

general

Post by general » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Yes Vinny I have lived here in the past, I have lived abroad for past 5 years and have come back to live here in uk, I was schooled here. I have 3 BC children who attended schools here who also lived abroad with me and there mother and brother, they also are living here with me and are attending schools here.

My son who is 14 now lives with his mom abroad.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:39 pm

He may be entitled to register under 3(2) or 3(5).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.