ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon PEO on 6th June 2011.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Satya6915
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon PEO on 6th June 2011.

Post by Satya6915 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi all,

Today my ILR application has been approved at Croydon PEO. I owe a lot to this forum for making the whole process very easy and smooth. I would like to share my experiences for the benefit of others. So details are as follows:

I applied to ILR for me, my wife, and my 2 months old son (uk born) and my family did not accompany me to the office. I am on WP + TIER2 + TIER2 visa.

Back ground:

I got my UK entry clearance on May 6th 2006 in India for 3 yrs on Work Permit and I entered UK on June 18th. I got my first extension in May 2009 till May 9th 2011 on Tier2 general visa and I had my second extension, recently on May9th 2011 till May 9th 2014 on Tier2 as well. I worked for same employer for all these 5 yrs, although my company name has changed due to acquisition by a big fish. My wife came to UK in Nov 2007 and we were never out of the country for more than 4 weeks in any given year.

Proceedings on the Day:

My appointment was at 11.15, so i reached UK BA office at 10.45am. After security checks, I had preliminary screening of my application. The concerned person checked my application, and passports. He also confirmed whether I was carrying supporting documents such as P60s, life in uk test document, pay slips, bank statements. I said yes, but he did not bother to check them and I did not bother to show him. So after initial screening, I went upstairs and paid fee at 11.06. After payment, before I could settle down in the waiting area, my number was called at 11.09. I was surprised, and proceeded to the counter 22( supposed to be a passport collecting counter). But clerk told me that he called me by mistake. Then I had to wait till 11.50 am.

At the Counter, case worker asked me the following documents

1) Token number
2) Fee receipt
3) Application form
4) All Passports + Biometric cards + Passport pictures
5) 5 yrs P60s
6) 3 months pay slips
7) Employer letter ( I also supplied a letter which confirms the change of my employer's name after acquisition)
8 ) Life in uk test results.
9) Birth certificate of my son.
10) Cohabitation Proof( I gave last 2 yrs council tax bills, in which 1 bill was a copy of a original that I got it from council as I lost the original).

and he did not ask me:

1) Bank statements
2) my previous work permit letter, and Tier2 approved letters.

I also supplied him with copies of the above documents. In this process, he saw a copy of my first work permit document and asked for the same but did not bother to check the original. After collecting all these documents, he asked to wait in the waiting area. I had a small nap, and after more than 45 mins, he called me again and said everything was fine, returned all originals, and asked to collect my passports after 1hr. But my number was called after 45mins, and I collected passports with ILR stamping for my family. So the whole process was very smooth and without any surprises.

Once again, thank you all for helping out with your contributions in this forum.

Best Regards,
-Satya

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Congratulation to you.The powerful moderators here has made immigration process much more easier for everybody to understand .so also all the senior members and contributors with wealth of experience need to be thanked as well.

kevins
Newly Registered

Post by kevins » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 pm

congrats satya.

One quick question, is Biometric card a must and how to get it?

Thanks.

MPI

Re: ILR Success at Croydon PEO on 6th June 2011.

Post by MPI » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:53 pm

can't believe you could have a 'nap' :wink:

I was sleepless days and nights for extensions , let alone ILR

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success at Croydon PEO on 6th June 2011.

Post by manyaonisland » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:44 pm

MPI wrote:can't believe you could have a 'nap' :wink:
Agree! Same here !! when i was waiting for my ILR being processed i was observing each and every expression of the case worker and could not get my eyes off from what she was doing.. was trying to think what is going on in her mind.. and she was also making all sorts of expression ranging from puzzled.. frustrated.. lost.. happy.. smiling.. finally when she called me back she did not bother to put the number again on the display as i was sitting right in front of her within her sights! I tell you i had my heart in my ears for decision and then heard the words "everything is fine.. collect your passports from counter 22!!" with a broad smile :)

masoodrab
Newly Registered

Post by masoodrab » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:40 am

Hi satya,

Congratulation on getting ILR.
I would appreciate if you could answer my question.

Actually I am trying to get online appointment for premium service, Me and my wife have received ref and transection ID via email. but whenever I had entered my wife details, it gets declined saying one letter is not valid. I am just wondering if I go for appointment on my own, and obviously going to include my wife on my application, do I need to mention her name while booking an appointment??? I hope u would be the best person to answer; as you went on your own.

Regards.

Satya6915
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Satya6915 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 am

Hi,

I did include my wife's and my son's ref ID, transc ID while booking an appointment. However I am not sure, whether it is acceptable to left out their details.

Best Regards,
-Satya

Hi satya,

Congratulation on getting ILR.
I would appreciate if you could answer my question.

Actually I am trying to get online appointment for premium service, Me and my wife have received ref and transection ID via email. but whenever I had entered my wife details, it gets declined saying one letter is not valid. I am just wondering if I go for appointment on my own, and obviously going to include my wife on my application, do I need to mention her name while booking an appointment??? I hope u would be the best person to answer; as you went on your own.

Satya6915
Newly Registered

Re

Post by Satya6915 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

I could not find a code that exactly matches to my designation. So I showed something that was close match my designation. I used the same format available from this forum.

On other note, After taking all documents, Case worker asked me to wait at the common waiting area (not in front of his desk). That's why I could get a small nap ;)

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: Re

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 am

Satya6915 wrote:On other note, After taking all documents, Case worker asked me to wait at the common waiting area (not in front of his desk). That's why I could get a small nap ;)
Don't worry we were admiring you :).. me too was waiting in the common area but was struggling to even blink.