ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

forgot to renew gnib card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

forgot
Newly Registered

forgot to renew gnib card

Post by forgot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:16 pm

i live in ireland since 2006 on work permit and gnib card.
last year i lost my passport so had to pay for a new gnib card. after that my work permot expired so i had to pay again only for a few months cause a new permit took longer to be issued. after that i forgot about it end went to renew it again this year at the sam time as allways but i was told it has been to long and i cant get it, but my employer needs to send a letter to the deparmennt to ask if i can stay in ireland. i know i was stupid not to be more carefull, but it just happend, i didnt do it on purpose..

PLEASE someone tell me what u did if u had similar experiences or if u know from a nother source.

thanks for any help

savy

Post by savy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 am

Hope this might help you

Policy for 5 year workers and redundant workers

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Po ... %20workers

INIS set out detailed arrangements which would apply in cases of persons who had worked for 5 years or more with work permits and of persons who were made redundant.

This is a consolidated set of arrangements and replaces all previous versions for non-EEA migrant workers (i) who have been employed for 5 or more years with a work permit and (ii) for those who are made redundant.

forgot
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by forgot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:31 pm

unfortunately it doesnt realy help but thanks has some usefull information. The way it looks now, i will have to contact the gnib throuht the company but no one really knows what we need to send them and what happens next..

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: thanks

Post by nanette » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:20 pm

I would recommend that you go there again, with a letter of your employer and bills (coverying all this time that you have not renew it).

So if for instance they ask you to prove you were in Ireland, show them all the bills (NTL, ESB BordGais etc..).

Also the letter of your employer should state that you were working all the time and covering all that period.

Also when you explain it, tell them you were used to getting every year GNIB or so and that it is why you actually forgot about it when they gave you 3 months. And if confronted, say that you sorry, it will not happen again and APOLOGIES.

Hoping that you will find another INIS guy there, wait to hear what he says and be honest and tell them the truth if you are confronted again.

Nanette.

forgot wrote:unfortunately it doesnt realy help but thanks has some usefull information. The way it looks now, i will have to contact the gnib throuht the company but no one really knows what we need to send them and what happens next..

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:58 pm

if it is more than 3 months that your permission expired, GNIB won't be able to help you out. you will have to write into the department of justice, and to ask them to issue a renewal of the permission. I would guess, General Immigration section would be the one to deal with your query.

forgot
Newly Registered

Post by forgot » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:42 pm

the hr department of my emplyer had the same problem before and they were involved in fixing it but the person who was taking care of all that is no longer with the company so they dont know how they fixed it. i will see the imigration officer again and ask him to explainn exactly what i and/or the company need to do cause last time he told me they will know in hr so didnt tell me the details.

have to say it is not easy to figure this whole thing out cause in the rare situations i find someone to giv me advice they all tell me different.

I hope the officer will be willing to help me because i am really stressed out right now, i know it is all my fault and it makes it all the worse

thanks for all replies, it means a lot

forgot
Newly Registered

Post by forgot » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:30 pm

i talked to the imigration office today. They say i'll hav to write to the department of justice to explain i forgot and ask promission to remain in ireland, also send the copy of the work permit, the leeter from the company stating i was working there all this time and state my gnib card no.

the adress is:
department of justice and law reform,
registration office,
13/14 burgh quay,
dublin 2

i will keep writing about the progress so to help the next person who gets in same situation

rey
Newly Registered

hi

Post by rey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 pm

I have problem whit my GNIB same in this situation ,I already write o the department of justice , They send me a letter that they will call me but its already 4 week and I cant here any call from them. Do you have any idea how long it will take to sort this problem or how many week before they reply on my letter?

forgot
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by forgot » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:18 pm

rey wrote:I have problem whit my GNIB same in this situation ,I already write o the department of justice , They send me a letter that they will call me but its already 4 week and I cant here any call from them. Do you have any idea how long it will take to sort this problem or how many week before they reply on my letter?
i forgot about this :)

I have received a letter from garda in Dublin (same address as department of justice) saying i can renew my residency because my work permit was issued before my last residency expired and just went to my local garda station (immigration officer) and renewed the cert of registration no problems.

i have in the meanwhile found another case where a persons work permit had expired and he only then realized his gnib card expired as well. He wrote to the department a number of times and altogether it took him 5 months to sort it all out.

so basically if u have the same work permit u had before ur card expired (you can only have the same one cause u need ur gnib card to renew work-permit) u should be fine and if ur work permit expired as well as ur gnib card (a long time ago) u are in for a few months of waiting.

i guess ur case is more on the complicated side than mine. What i was told by the other person he couldn't reach them by phone or email or anything but letters ( sad but what can u do) I do however recommend u stay in touch with ur own immigration officer and a consultant of ur employers HR department ( HR consultant was very helpful in my case)

please keep us posted about your case as im sure these things will keep happening. Good Luck