ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT DELAY

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jam2011
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT DELAY

Post by jam2011 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:55 am

hello everyone,
i applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT from Algeria on the 28th of march 2011 and still didn't get any answer from them..is this processing time normal..?

miriam2
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT DELAY

Post by miriam2 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:54 pm

jam2011 wrote:hello everyone,
i applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT from Algeria on the 28th of march 2011 and still didn't get any answer from them..is this processing time normal..?
Hi,that's over a month I don't think it's normal,try writing UKBA. I'm also waiting...did mind 14days back.....understand your feelings now but don't loose hope.

jam2011
Newly Registered

Post by jam2011 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 pm

i got my eea family permit after exactly 30 working days..soooooooooo happy :)

miriam2
Newly Registered

Post by miriam2 » Wed May 11, 2011 7:17 am

Congratulations!!! that's relieving.Still waiting ,,,,gosh 30days?

Thai Visa Express
Newly Registered

Post by Thai Visa Express » Sat May 14, 2011 12:12 pm

EUN2.3 How quickly do I need to issue an EEA family permit?
Priority must be given to applications for EEA family permits. Wherever possible a decision should be made at the time it is lodged or after an interview is conducted.

However, the Regulations do not say that EEA family permits must be issued on the day that the application is made. The Directive does allow Member States to take reasonable measures to ensure that freedom of movement is not obtained by deception. Where you suspect a marriage of convenience or even ‘sham’ employment for the purpose of freedom of movement, further enquiries should be made and credibility may be tested. As long as delays are justifiable, applications can be tested until the ECO is fully satisfied.

deon
Newly Registered

Post by deon » Sat May 14, 2011 10:18 pm

jam2011 wrote:i got my eea family permit after exactly 30 working days..soooooooooo happy :)
I got mine after five days in South Africa!!! Nice!! :D

Mirta SF

Post by Mirta SF » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:33 pm

deon wrote:
jam2011 wrote:i got my eea family permit after exactly 30 working days..soooooooooo happy :)
I got mine after five days in South Africa!!! Nice!! :D
Congratulations!! Please share your story! So many of us are so confused!

What all documents did you need to submit?

What after the initial 6 months it is granted for?

My husband (non EU) and I want to relocate, but what seemed to be an easy procedure is starting to get so complex. I am afraid if there is any delay in obtaining a Residence Card he will not be able to find employment and that complicates the story massively.

Thanks

jam2011
Newly Registered

Post by jam2011 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 pm

thats all what i sent for the EEA FAMILY PERMIT

phone bills since the start of our relationship for almost 1 year
photos together
my Bills and her bills at the same address
The list of emails exchanged
Birthday and Christmas cards
Her flight tickets to my country
Original marriage certificate
A copy of my national insurance number card
copy of passport
The original of tenancy agreement
Her pay slips for the last 12 months mine for the last 6 months
her work contract
My bank statement and her bank statement

jam2011
Newly Registered

Post by jam2011 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:03 pm

good luck :wink:

Mirta SF

Post by Mirta SF » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Thank you for sharing!

I am planning to apply with the marriage certificate, photos from the past and from our wedding and emails. I think I will now include also bills at our present address to show we are living together, but they are all recent (1, 1 1/2 years). I am not planning to submit bank statements as it is clearly stated one is allowed to enter for 3 months independently of financial status and hence this should not be required.

Planning to apply in the next few days, hope it all goes well!

When are you moving?

jam2011
Newly Registered

Post by jam2011 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:15 pm

dont worry its ok for the bills of 1 year or 1 and a half year as mine was just for 1 year ;-)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Mirta SF wrote: photos from the past and from our wedding and emails. I think I will now include also bills at our present address to show we are living together, but they are all recent (1, 1 1/2 years).
Unless you think there is a reason for the marriage to be considered as a marriage of convenience for the visa (i.e. got married last week & partner was previously denied a visa to the UK), these documents are all irrelevant. I understand that you want to be on the safe side, just in case and provide as much documents as you can but it is not needed and not relevant to the application.
Believe me, if the ECO thinks the marriage is not genuine, then he will probably reject the application even if you send off 10kg of documents and every photo you got.

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

waiting time

Post by fairouznacer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Hello everyone,

I am very desperate for help at the moment.

I am an EEA citizen living and working in the UK. I have a fulltime job with a permanent contract.My husband is living in Algeria and we got married there in March 2011 during my stay there. 20 March he applied for a EEA famiily permit in Algiers. They were very unprofessional they told him stuff like he needs an english test. He said no my wife is an EEA national etc etc. They had to check and they were lik oh yes you are right. More mistakes after, I dont even bother to tell it just makes me sad.

It has been nearly 3 months since the application. We have sent everything thats been asked for. We are married, we have nothing to hide and we are still waiting. Another algerian applied for an EEA Family permit 8 days after my husband got his visa in 30 days... The waiting time is already bad enough but what is worse is that WorldBridge doesnt take us serious. When I call them to ask them about the process they say it can take long because its a settlement visa. Again we had to explain them its an EAA FAMILY PERMIT. It seems that they dont know what it is. They replied by saying 'yes yes its the same'. It's not the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know they dont decide whether the application is approved or not, BUT all I want to know is whats going on and what can I do. It's not normal to waiti this long and all I want is to know what is going on so I can sleep!

Could someove please help me, Im not familiar with these things and im just very very lost and sad about this situation

jam2011
Newly Registered

Post by jam2011 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:14 am

I really feel sorry for you and i know how stressful is this situation because i have been in the same situation just 3 months ago, and i heard the same thing from the world bridge they still don't make difference between settlement visa and EEA family permit, i think what you can do is contact the embassy in Algiers that's all what you can do, i wish you good luck and hope you will have a good news soon after all this stressful time. don't be sad your husband will get it and you will be happy soon. GOOD LUCK

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:39 am

The email address of the ECM is at the bottom of this page. You can also try to complain through this page.

ddolheguy
Newly Registered

Post by ddolheguy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:12 am

Just to let you know how annoying their timeframes are... mine took 7+ months and I've been with my EU partner for 4 yrs living together in Australia before we moved here. Got it the other day after applying in November 2010.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:01 pm

86ti wrote:The email address of the ECM is at the bottom of this page. You can also try to complain through this page.
fairouznacer,

It is worth complaining using these links. They have a legal obligation to process the applications quickly.

You should also contact Solvit.

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Thank you for the links. I will fill out the form on the eu solvit website to ask for more help. Has anyone got a clue why people that applied later in algiers received the visa within 30 days and my husband didnt receive anything yet?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:10 pm

I would also suggest you contact your MP and have them ask UKBA why there is a delay. Remind them that since this is an application based on EU free movement law, UKBA is legally required to process the application "as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure".

I would also suggest you make a complaint using: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/en ... complaints Remind them that since this is an application based on EU free movement law, UKBA is legally required to process the application "as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure".

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi Thanks again.

I already have sent a complaint to the embassy but i used another e-mailadres. I have sent a copy to this one as well. I think I will also fax them with the complaint.

You advised me to contact my MP. Im a Dutch citizen. Where do I find my MP?

Im sorry if I ask something stupid, it's just that I have no knowledge about this.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:39 pm

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/ should find your MP.

Nothing stupid about asking. I would not know how to find my MP-equivalent if I lived in the Netherlands and so would need to ask.

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Oh my GOD!

I have received an answet the same day ( today ) from ukba. They said the decision has been made 15 june and they called my husband by the wrong name they said Mr. ( my surname )So not my husbands name...........

They asked me what the status is of the application on the worldbridge site ( i gave them that information as well!!! ) and they asked me if we have been contacted about the decision ( i said we have never been contacted about it ). Im very worried and upset they didnt even read the complaint or read about who the complaint is. Are they lying?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 pm

What did they say the next steps were? Make sure you get their name when they call...

fairouznacer
Newly Registered

Post by fairouznacer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 pm

all they said was that the decision for mr ( wrong surname ) has been made 15 June and Mr ( wrong surname again ) will be contacted shortly by them.

THen they asked me if we have been contacted about the decision by worldbridge already. I dont know anymore. They just didnt read my complaint which is upsetting me the most.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:54 am

Did you tell them that they had the wrong name for the applicant? If so, what did they say?