ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General extension approved - Croydon PEO (same day)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Tier1 General extension approved - Croydon PEO (same day)

Post by hussainkothari » Tue May 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi All,

I got my T1G extension approved. I had the following to submit

Age ( under 28 ) - Passport - 20 points
Qualification - As per prev app - 35 points
Prev Earnings - 45 points
- Original Bank Stmts of the last 7 months
- Dividend vouchers
- Original Payslips
- Letter from accountant
- Letter headed and signed pay slips from my new permanent job.
UK exp - 5 points
English - As per prev app - 10 points
Maintenance - Reference to the Bank Stmts for the Prev earnings

My situation was that my visa was expiring on 9 June and I have been working in the UK since the past 1 yr only.
I was a director of my own limited company and use to draw a salary and dividends and hired an accountant. I termed my self as a "Salaried" person.
Now I am in a permanent role and draw only a salary.
I got a visa extension from the date my current visa expires.

I had made one blunder. In my dividend vouchers, for half of them I had interchanged the Net and Gross amounts. Thank full I realised this and explained it to the case worker. She excused my mistake (probably this would have been a problem in my postal application?!).
Last edited by hussainkothari on Tue May 31, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue May 31, 2011 3:36 pm

My experience at Croydon PEO for Tier1 G extension

Although I had an appointment for 1130 I reached there at 930. I was taken in and then stood in the 1st line to get a token number.
Then you need to make a payment. After a brief wait for 5 min's you are called by your token number to a counter. Here your details would be entered into the computer and then you would be asked to wait again for the Biometrics.
After a brief wait of 5 min's you are called for the bio metrics where your finger prints and photographs are taken. After this you are suppose to wait until the results arrive. This in my case took about 3 hours!! It was an impatient, hungry, anxious wait.

The only good things about this is that you have a big board that shows the next few token numbers to be called. While my number had gone past by, when the results of my bio metrics arrived my token number was put first in queue! So they sort the token numbers in order, even if the results have arrived late.

Further, I was called to a counter. The microphone was not working. I had a hard time lip reading and was trying to make out the questions based on key words.
I thought I could have done a better job than the case worker! She was asking me dumb questions. For my prev earnings she only totalled up my salary figures and checked if I have claimed the correct points. She did not corroborate them with the accountants letter or bank Stmts. She gave me the extension without a problem. Awaiting my biometrics card.

Brief: Reach early if you can. Take something to eat. I have to say that the service was lacking professional standards.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Tue May 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Congrats.
I am also due to apply in PEO croydon soon. So thanks for your tips.
One question- I know this has been mentioned a zillion times- you said you were granted 20 points in age. Is under 28 years your current age or age at time of first visa?
Also I seem to have lost notes of points claimed in my initial tier 1 visa. I assume I can use the points as mentioned in the form(which will be 35 for a masters degree/ 30 for a bachelors degree..). Were they the same 3 years ago? Were you granted similar points?

Thanks

t1happy
Newly Registered

Post by t1happy » Tue May 31, 2011 11:07 pm

hussainkothari - thanks for sharing with us. Did you get to keep all the backup documentation and did they retain the passport? When did they say you would receive your BPR card? Do you think the 3 hrs wait may had something to do with you showing up 2 hours earlier than appointment time?

tier1extn1
Newly Registered

Post by tier1extn1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:51 am

t0mmy...
I recently applied for my tier1 extn in person and got it done.
I was in the same situation (regarding age), however I just mentioned the age points I received last time and carried my tier1 points letter for proof (just in case).

But I have to say.. the caseworker was not well informed..

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:54 am

Is under 28 years your current age or age at time of first visa?
My age at the time of initial application was under 28. Its not my current age.
Also I seem to have lost notes of points claimed in my initial tier 1 visa. I assume I can use the points as mentioned in the form(which will be 35 for a masters degree/ 30 for a bachelors degree..). Were they the same 3 years ago? Were you granted similar points?
Yes. Use the points in the form, 35 - Masters, 30 - Bachelors. They were the same 3 years ago. I was granted the same now.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 am

Did you get to keep all the backup documentation and did they retain the passport? When did they say you would receive your BPR card? Do you think the 3 hrs wait may had something to do with you showing up 2 hours earlier than appointment time?
Another point I forgot to mention was that the case worker made a copy of my documentation that I had provided (payslips, div vouchers, acc letter, bank stmts). It would be nice to have a copy yourself so it would save some trouble for her and waiting time for you.

Since the decision was made the same day, my passport was returned immediately. I should receive the BPR card within 3-4 days.

3 hours of waiting time was because my Biometrics result came in late. And their systems were also slow on that day. It has nothing to do with coming in early. Its a first come first serve policy.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 am

Thanks tier1extn1 and Hussain.

I seem to have lost the ukba document of points awarded in my initial application. I hope the case worker is well informed and the points I claim were the points initially awarded to me. Either way they should have all the history in front of them.

is there any way I can get a reference of points awarded to me from UKBA(like by calling them up..)?

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi Hussain, congrats and just wanted to check one thing.

I am also planing to go in person at Croydon office for Visa extension. I will book appointment online and rest is to take documents ,application extra.

Rest will happen there? Do i have to book biometric as well?

Also, will I get the passport back on the same day?
Please reply.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Yes. Book the appointment. Fill the app form and take the supporting docs with you. Rest will happen there. You do not have to book the bio metrics.

If the case worker is happy with your case they will make a decision the same day and return your passport. If they need to verify the evidence then your passport will be retained with them until further notice.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:22 pm

@tier1extn1
carried my tier1 points letter for proof (just in case).
I got my T1(G) initial in Sep, 2010. However, I don't see any letter coming from UKBA along with documents. Only thing on top of my documents returned - was a T1(G) vignette on the passport.

chandnip

Re: Tier1 General extension approved - Croydon PEO (same day

Post by chandnip » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:14 pm

hussainkothari wrote: - Dividend vouchers
- Original Payslips
Hi Hussainkothari,
First of all many congratulation for the successful extension.:D
Thanks for the information and your tips.
I will be also applying for tier-1 extn in few weeks and have similar situation as yours.

I searched other posts from you and other but could not find answers to to my below specific question.

Could you confirm when you said original payslip,whether you printed them on your own limited company letterhead or your accountants letter head.
did any body signed on the payslip & dividend vouchers?

Thanks,
chandni

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Could you confirm when you said original payslip,whether you printed them on your own limited company letterhead or your accountants letter head.
Well my accountant runs my payroll and gives me a payslip that has all the columns (NI contribution, tax, date, NI number, co. name, etc). So the payslips were original, I would say.
did any body signed on the payslip & dividend vouchers?
I had printed the dividend vouchers on a A4 size paper and signed them myself (since I am the 100% owner and director of the co)

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Congerts hussainkothari and Thanks for sharing your experience with us,
i am also trying to book appointment for extension of my HSMP visa(now it will be gone to tier 1). i just want to confirm that shall i choose PEO tier1/5 BioMatric desk - online or any other while making booking ?

secondly, do you think i should include P60 as well in proof of earning as it is just till april 2011 but i want to claim point for may and june as well?

also do you think one should prepare any kind of covering letter or just orginal documents for claimed poains are more than enough.?

Regards,
Kash

chandnip

Post by chandnip » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:16 pm

@hussainkothari,
Thanks, i got what you mean.
my accountant has so far given me online advise slips/profit and loss stmt with all details.
i hope they would be able to send me printed payslip in payslip format.

I will print the dividend voucher myself, being 100% share holder/director of co.

I have another question , if someone can answer.

in one month i did not transfer the divident to my personal account.
say in march i did not transfer any dividend but later on send that amount in april.
in april i transfered again april's divident, so should both the dividends be cosidered for april and none for march?
Or should i mention march dividend as earnings for march, and paydate as april.

thanks

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:51 am

dividends are not salary which you are supposed to transfer every month.
Your accountant must have told you this that dividend needs to be declared and tax considerations do apply like salary

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

say in march i did not transfer any dividend but later on send that amount in april.
in april i transfered again april's divident, so should both the dividends be cosidered for april and none for march?
As mentioned, dividends need not be taken every month. Just prepare dividend vouchers for the date on which the transaction has taken place.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 pm

i just want to confirm that shall i choose PEO tier1/5 BioMatric desk - online or any other while making booking ?
Yes its "PEO Tier1/5 Biometric Desk - Online"
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ne-booking
secondly, do you think i should include P60 as well in proof of earning as it is just till april 2011 but i want to claim point for may and june as well?
As you mentioned p60 would only cover until april. I would suggest to submit your payslips instead. They should suffice. Carry your p60 (just in case).
also do you think one should prepare any kind of covering letter or just orginal documents for claimed poains are more than enough.?
I had a covering letter that was not looked by the case worker. In a PEO appointment you can sort out the case workers questions then and there, so probably a covering letter doesn't make too much sense. However its better to be prepared.

cgohil

Post by cgohil » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Did u got any confirmation mail afyer u booked an appointment

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Did u got any confirmation mail afyer u booked an appointment
Yes. After 4 days.

chandnip

Post by chandnip » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:30 am

hussainkothari wrote:
As mentioned, dividends need not be taken every month. Just prepare dividend vouchers for the date on which the transaction has taken place.
does this mean that the period of work/invoice do not matter , but the payment day of dividend matters?
for example the company profit was gained due to my work done in march, but that divident was paid in may, so this earning (dividend) falls in may? even the april profit was paid in may on a diff transaction/date.

Could you please clarify , so that I correctly represent my period(months) and corresponding earnings.(sal+div)

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:54 pm

does this mean that the period of work/invoice do not matter , but the payment day of dividend matters?
Yes.
for example the company profit was gained due to my work done in march, but that divident was paid in may, so this earning (dividend) falls in may? even the april profit was paid in may on a diff transaction/date.
Yes. May.
Could you please clarify , so that I correctly represent my period(months) and corresponding earnings.(sal+div)
I am clarifying for a person in capacity of a salaried employee employed in your own limited company. When the company gets the money from the client you are not even in the picture. Only when you get your salary / dividend, is when you should assume you have made the money. It doesn't matter if the work was done a month earlier or 3 months early. The evidence that's get corroborate is the amount in your payslips/dividend vouchers to your bank account statements and accountant letter.

I hope it helps.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Hello hussainkothari,
Thanks for your kind reply, i booked PEO for 30th of june.
Could you please guide me if we need to resend documents that we already sent in our initial application like degree and English language requirements.

shall i take these with me on appointment day or checking "already provided with initial application" check box in application form is enough ?

Regards,
Kash

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 am

if we need to resend documents that we already sent in our initial application like degree and English language requirements. shall i take these with me on appointment day or checking "already provided with initial application" check box in application form is enough ?
I guess its pretty clear in the guidance notes that you do not need to submit the docs. "Already provided with initial app" should be enough.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 am

Thank you very much hussainkothari for your kind and prompt reply.
i am in middle of the document prepartion and will post in case of any more confusion.

Thanks and best regards,
kashif
Kash