ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naeed

refund

Post by naeed » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi
has anyone applied for refund and received on unnecessary visa extension, pls post ur reply if any.

Thank you.

Regards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 pm

What's an unnecessary visa extension? I don't understand why you would even apply and pay for one to start off with? Generally there is no process for refunds except for special circumstances if something was really the fault of the Home Office. Please explain yourself a bit more?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Both Primary and Dependent applied for extension, both used their own credit/debit card. Charging team could deduct fees from Dependent's card, however primary's bank declined. Ideally, Home office should return both applications and refund fees of dependent.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: refund

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:08 pm

naeed wrote:Hi
has anyone applied for refund and received on unnecessary visa extension, pls post ur reply if any.

Thank you.

Regards
Explain the circumstances why you believe you are entitled to a refund.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

naeed

Post by naeed » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi sush ,thanks for ur respond.

I entered in to UK in the year 2005 with HSMP got extended to further 3 yrs from april 2006 till april 2009 but then rules got changed to 5 yrs for ILR so went for another extension of 3 yrs till 2012 .Thanks to ILR JUDICIAL REVIW i applied for ILR in aug 2009.

The fact being i was refused ILR in 2009 is different case. Now can i apply for refund for the unnecessary extension in 2009?

reply is appreciated please

thank you.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:54 pm

I believe a refund may have been due - but UKBA had set a deadline until which one could apply for a refund under the circumstances. AFAIK, that deadline has passed.

Will try and locate the details for you.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naeed

Post by naeed » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 pm

mulderpf wrote:What's an unnecessary visa extension? I don't understand why you would even apply and pay for one to start off with? Generally there is no process for refunds except for special circumstances if something was really the fault of the Home Office.
Hi mulderpf thanks for ur reply

your statement sounds rude and isnt that sound rude to you aswell?

please do not reply without knowing the facts at first instance and later your curosity to know the things further is appreciated.

Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:05 pm

There was no intention in being rude - you have not given the facts and simply mentioned "unnecessary visa extension" - this could mean 1001 different things.

The deadline for refund was 20 May 2010 (HSMP Policy Document - points 8 to 11 apply to you and point 11 should refer to point 9, not point 7).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Settled after 5 years wrote:You must apply for the one-off payment described above before 20 May 2010.
You'll note that this policy applied to only those who couldn't apply for settlement then (e.g - before JR ruling, because of the 5yr rule in place then), had to apply for an extension, and subsequent to JR ruling applied for and were granted settlement.

The fact that your settlement application in Aug 2009 was refused, you would have needed to apply for extension anyway - if not in April, then in August. For you extension was a necessity, not an "unnecessary" expense (that UKBA was liable to refund).

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:41 pm

naeed wrote:
mulderpf wrote:What's an unnecessary visa extension? I don't understand why you would even apply and pay for one to start off with? Generally there is no process for refunds except for special circumstances if something was really the fault of the Home Office.
Hi mulderpf thanks for ur reply

your statement sounds rude and isnt that sound rude to you aswell?

please do not reply without knowing the facts at first instance and later your curosity to know the things further is appreciated.

Thanks.
Mulderpf was not rude. Lack of information given by you only creates confusion. The onus is on you to explain your situation in detail and in depth. You are in need of free advise, not people who are replying you. So keep little patience and be prepared to read range of replies.

See this post to understand how you need to explain your scenario and ask for help on public forum.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=78371