ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citibank bank statement and reference letter issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Citibank bank statement and reference letter issue

Post by arlikattiananth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi All,

I have my account with Citibank UK. For applying my dependents visa at bangalore. I visited the branch for a statement + a reference letter (which talks about minimum balance) and this is what happened.

1. Statements cannot be printed at bank because its a different department and I should wait for the monthly statement which are sent by post
2. The reference letter can be faxed if needed immediately

My questions are:-
1. are the statements received by post valid? i ask this as these statements don't have a stamp seal OR a signature of a bank officer/manager.

2. does the British high commission accept a fax copy of the reference letter?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Citibank bank statement and reference letter issue

Post by terriblescream » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:15 pm

arlikattiananth wrote:Hi All,

I have my account with Citibank UK. For applying my dependents visa at bangalore. I visited the branch for a statement + a reference letter (which talks about minimum balance) and this is what happened.

1. Statements cannot be printed at bank because its a different department and I should wait for the monthly statement which are sent by post
2. The reference letter can be faxed if needed immediately

My questions are:-
1. are the statements received by post valid? i ask this as these statements don't have a stamp seal OR a signature of a bank officer/manager.

2. does the British high commission accept a fax copy of the reference letter?
1. The statements received by post are valid since they are the original statements and do not require stamps as they are on letter head

2. You have to ring the VFS and ask about it, but if you are taking the 90days statements you dont require this letter!

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Post by arlikattiananth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks a lot.

Cheers.