ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa - My call to VFS helpline in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jacob123

Dependent Visa - My call to VFS helpline in India

Post by Jacob123 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 am

Dear members,

I called VFS help line in India (040) 66305600 and asked the following questions as there are confusions for couple of points as mentioned below. I am summarizing the answers provided by VFS below.:

1. main applicant/Sponsor visa/passport pages personal and visa page: does it need attestation: His answer was we just need to give the photo copy no attestation or notory
2. For multiple dependents (wife and kids): how many original bank statements we need to submit for maintenance fund: His answer was one original........we can provide photocopy......but all the dependents documents will be in one packet so one original is enough
3. how much maintenance fund we need to show if main applicant is in UK for less that 12 month and dependents are applying from outside UK: His answer was 1600 pound for each dependent and 800 for self. I asked him there has been cases where visa is rejected asking for 2800. He said 800 is enough and guided me to the following link in the vfs website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

Hope this helps fellow members.Please take the answer only as info. I do not think we can use this to challenge any decision.

I see that we are jumping into conclusion very fast just by inferring and due to the internal pressure that we all are going, there is a panic.

Let us help each other with whatever info we can gather and hope for the best.

Cheers,
Jacob

Renu Vimal
Newly Registered

Post by Renu Vimal » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Like i had already mentioned in one of my previous posts....our application (me+my two children) was rejected coz of the same issue and it was clearly mentioned in the refusal letter that they were not satisfied that we showed the required funds, which is GBP 2800 for the main applicant and GBP 1600 each for us...and our only mistake was that there was a shortfall of 1 day (89 days instead of 90 days) in the bank statement we showed for the main applicant's funds. This happened last month! have reapplied last week and fingers crossed

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks for the valuable information @ jacob

Renu - i think u will win ur appeal

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:14 pm

@Biju she has reapplied...no appeal.She knew that maintenance fund showed in the bank was for 89 days and not 90 so she did the right thing of reapplying.

Renu, just a request if it is possible can you please type exact wordings from the rejection letter for your previous application. I will greatly appreciate that.

Cheers,
Jacob
Bijuk wrote:Thanks for the valuable information @ jacob

Renu - i think u will win ur appeal

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Post by arlikattiananth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Jacob , Renu

I am surprised to know that when main applicant is in UK for less than 12 months he has to show GBP 2800 for his maintenance funds. This is not true i hope. According to the dependents policy, the main applicant has to show min. of GBP 800 for 90 days.

Are you sure about asking GBP 2800 instead of GBP 800?

susheel

Re: Dependent Visa - My call to VFS helpline in India

Post by susheel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Its Great. I have also called up VAF Delhi they told no need to attested Sponsor Visa Copy.

Thanks Jacob

Susheel

Jacob123 wrote:Dear members,

I called VFS help line in India (040) 66305600 and asked the following questions as there are confusions for couple of points as mentioned below. I am summarizing the answers provided by VFS below.:

1. main applicant/Sponsor visa/passport pages personal and visa page: does it need attestation: His answer was we just need to give the photo copy no attestation or notory
2. For multiple dependents (wife and kids): how many original bank statements we need to submit for maintenance fund: His answer was one original........we can provide photocopy......but all the dependents documents will be in one packet so one original is enough
3. how much maintenance fund we need to show if main applicant is in UK for less that 12 month and dependents are applying from outside UK: His answer was 1600 pound for each dependent and 800 for self. I asked him there has been cases where visa is rejected asking for 2800. He said 800 is enough and guided me to the following link in the vfs website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

Hope this helps fellow members.Please take the answer only as info. I do not think we can use this to challenge any decision.

I see that we are jumping into conclusion very fast just by inferring and due to the internal pressure that we all are going, there is a panic.

Let us help each other with whatever info we can gather and hope for the best.

Cheers,
Jacob

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:13 pm

As I mentioned the guidelines says 800 for main applicant/sponsor, the same was confirmed by the VFS guy. However we have couple of members who were denied visa and the reason given was that they needed to show 2800 for main applicant/sponsor. Renu is one of them who faced this.

This might be because of human error, but it is just a guess.

Cheers,
Jacob
arlikattiananth wrote:Jacob , Renu

I am surprised to know that when main applicant is in UK for less than 12 months he has to show GBP 2800 for his maintenance funds. This is not true i hope. According to the dependents policy, the main applicant has to show min. of GBP 800 for 90 days.

Are you sure about asking GBP 2800 instead of GBP 800?

arlikattiananth
Newly Registered

Post by arlikattiananth » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Oh i see. I hope its just an error because i would be soon applying a dependent visa and i am considering to show GBP 800.

Thanks anyways.