ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1extension

Earnings

Post by tier1extension » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm

I have read somewhere that Tier 1 General extensions must score at least same number of points for earnings as they got in their initial application. Is that true? I exceeded the minimum points in my initial application but in my current extension application, I scored lower points for my earnings because of decrease in salary, but I still meet the minimum 75 + 20 points = 95 points. Would that be ok?

tier1extension

help

Post by tier1extension » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:41 pm

would appreciate it if somebody help answer my question :)

tier1_applicant

Re: help

Post by tier1_applicant » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:55 pm

It is no true.

Can you please specify where did you read?

tier1extension

link

Post by tier1extension » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Skilled and highly skilled migrants will need to meet the income criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits

so if my earnings points is lower than my initial application but i still get overall minimum points, is that ok? or is the rule in the link above only applies for applying for ILR or settlement? in which case it is actually good i am claiming lower points for earnings to meet minimum points to be safe?

tier1extension

any ideas?

Post by tier1extension » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 pm

any comments please?

tier1_applicant

Re: any ideas?

Post by tier1_applicant » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:32 pm

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: link

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:47 pm

tier1extension wrote:Skilled and highly skilled migrants will need to meet the income criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits

so if my earnings points is lower than my initial application but i still get overall minimum points, is that ok? or is the rule in the link above only applies for applying for ILR or settlement? in which case it is actually good i am claiming lower points for earnings to meet minimum points to be safe?
That link only talks about settlement for Tier 1, not about extension.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Earnings

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 pm

tier1extension wrote:I have read somewhere that Tier 1 General extensions must score at least same number of points for earnings as they got in their initial application. Is that true? I exceeded the minimum points in my initial application but in my current extension application, I scored lower points for my earnings because of decrease in salary, but I still meet the minimum 75 + 20 points = 95 points. Would that be ok?
Yes, you are right. If you still meet the minimum 75+20 points then you need not to worry.

When it is referred to score same number of points for earnings as did in initial application then it is about meeting the minimum threshold (at the time of application) which in your case was 75 points.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:49 am

you need to meet the minimum requirement so you will be fine.