ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

technet2011
Newly Registered

Student

Post by technet2011 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:04 pm

I am Irish citizen by naturalisation. One of my sibling is student in the final year of level 8 degree, age 27; I want change the stamp from 2 to stamp 4. My sibling is in the state since last 5 years on student visa which is renew every year.
Is there any way I could change the stamp under EAA family rights or
Via work permit path, I am aware and read a lot in detail on INIS and
DETE website that due to current economic situation it is difficult.

I would appreciate if somebody could guide me or let me know which direction to pursue.

Thanks.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:38 pm

will depend how and why they came to Ireland... pls give full story!

technet2011
Newly Registered

Post by technet2011 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 pm

I have sponsor them they came here on study visa.

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 am

technet2011 wrote:I have sponsor them they came here on study visa.
A general application requesting that the Minister exercise his discretion would seem to be the only option that springs to mind. You'd have to provide tonnes of paperwork and I recommend going to a solicitor to deal with it.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 am

work permits are not being issued any more, or it is very hard to get them.
the only option i would see is an application as a dependant of an irish national. however, at the age of 27, i don't think the person can be considered as dependant any more... it is more for the spouse and minor children.

technet2011
Newly Registered

Post by technet2011 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:57 pm

thank you for your reply people, i would appreciate if i get some more direction

Muttsnuts: would you be kind enough to recommend what points need to be include in the application?

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:14 pm

technet2011 wrote:thank you for your reply people, i would appreciate if i get some more direction

Muttsnuts: would you be kind enough to recommend what points need to be include in the application?
There would be tonnes of information to give and alot of it would be specific to your particular circumstances but I would suggest that S3 of the Immigration Act 1999 would be a good place to start for a list of the type of information the Department would seek.

I can't stress enough that you should consult a solicitor for this. That you're asking the information in the first place is evidence enough that you do not know enough information to deal with this yourself. THat's not to put you down in any way, it's just that I could go on for ages with lists of recommended documents and proofs for such an application and even then you're in no way guaranteed to be successful.

technet2011
Newly Registered

Post by technet2011 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks for the help Muttsnuts, rest i will consult with the solicitor..