ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 G- No response from UKBA even after 11 weeks

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GM_27
Newly Registered

Tier1 G- No response from UKBA even after 11 weeks

Post by GM_27 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:25 am

I have applied for Tier1 G on 17th March and biometric enrollement was done on 19th April.

How long should I wait before contacting UKBA?

Is there any one who have not received the visa after 10 weeks?

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 G- No response from UKBA even after 11 weeks

Post by ddb » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am

GM_27 wrote:How long should I wait before contacting UKBA?
14 weeks.

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 am

14weeks.....

Progress enquiries(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... actcentres)
--------------------------------------------
You do not need to contact us to check the progress of your application. We will contact you as soon as a decision has been made or if we require further information. Our staff cannot provide any information about your application if:

you applied less than 14 weeks ago in a category that does not require biometric information; or
you applied in a category that does require biometric information, and you provided your biometric information less than 14 weeks ago.

check the below link...will give you some idea on timelines.....
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60575
www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... -1-general

t1gbee
Newly Registered

Post by t1gbee » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Pls check whether your Bio-metric taken is successful or not. I have done my BM on May 6 in Cardiff, but didnt get any letter until today. When I called Cardiff UKBA , they told there is no trace for my BM ie there is no data with them regarding my BM. They have all my details regarding my appointment but no evidance for BM completion.

Now I am sending letter to UKBA Sheffield regarding this... So pls check your BM completion.

GM_27 wrote:I have applied for Tier1 G on 17th March and biometric enrollement was done on 19th April.

GM_27
Newly Registered

Post by GM_27 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Thanks for the info guys

t1gbee could you please let me know the number where I can get the confirmation about biometrics enrolment?

sancsan

Post by sancsan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:22 pm

You can contact UKBA @ 0870 606 7766 and select the option of checking the progress of your application.

ricky37d
Newly Registered

Post by ricky37d » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:02 pm

sancsan wrote:You can contact UKBA @ 0870 606 7766 and select the option of checking the progress of your application.
What is that option?.. When I called and tried, they said it has to be a minimum of 14 weeks before they give out any information

sancsan

Post by sancsan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:15 pm

ricky37d wrote:
sancsan wrote:You can contact UKBA @ 0870 606 7766 and select the option of checking the progress of your application.
What is that option?.. When I called and tried, they said it has to be a minimum of 14 weeks before they give out any information
Well, I ringed them at above mentioned number and selected option 3. I told them I just need to know if HO have received my biometric data. In return, person over the phone asked all the required details and informed that my application has been processed and documents have been dispatched.

vcyapple
Newly Registered

Post by vcyapple » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:27 pm

I just called them on above number. the staff only tell me they received my biometric information, but can't let me know anything else.

ricky37d
Newly Registered

Post by ricky37d » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 pm

vcyapple wrote:I just called them on above number. the staff only tell me they received my biometric information, but can't let me know anything else.
I dont think too many people sit this number, I called and a lady(oriental most likely) answered and suggested me to call back after 14 weeks.

I called again after some time and got thorough to the same person - again same reply

was it a male voice for you?

ricky37d
Newly Registered

Post by ricky37d » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:34 pm

ricky37d wrote:
vcyapple wrote:I just called them on above number. the staff only tell me they received my biometric information, but can't let me know anything else.
I dont think too many people sit this number, I called and a lady(oriental most likely) answered and suggested me to call back after 14 weeks.

I called again after some time and got thorough to the same person - again same reply

was it a male voice for you?
Just trying to analyse if calling again and again is of any use

almightyho
Newly Registered

Post by almightyho » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 pm

I called and they insisted they can't tell me anything after 14 weeks.I told them it's PEO people told me to call the number to check.
Their reply: we can't comment on others' action.

What a superb service!