ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa application - experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gaganjyot
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent visa application - experience

Post by gaganjyot » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:02 pm

hi today morning 8th of june my wife went for visa application at VFS Mumbai North office. This was the first person there in morning and got her token number and was called out quickly. When they looked at the documents they said that everything else is fine but your husband's passports all pages copies are not there. My wife said that she has attached visa page and wherever there is immigration stamps. They insisted that they need all 36 pages copies of my passport. My wife asked what if i dont have then they said they can accept the appliaction but these days British High Commission is rejecting a lot of applications and you will loose all your fees it upto u. My wife got baffled and she came out of visa centre and it was 5 Am in morning in uk and i got a call saying this is the issue. All i had to do is scan all pages of my both passports as in my case my old passport has visa and i have renewed my passport now i have two passports. I scanned all the 36 pages on both passports and emailed it to her and she was in internet cafe downloading them and printing them off. What an inconvenience but what can we do, we have no choice as an applicant to make our application process smooth. She went back and afternoon 12:30 IST her application was accepted by VFS.

This is our experience i wanted to share as this forum has been very helpful to me in this visa application and also it will in my future extension which is due in may 2012.

Thanks guys if u want to ask anything u can ask me.

The documents i provided are :
My passport copies all pages
bank statement uk with maintaineance
my ni card copy
my tv license copy
my water bill
my self employed services contract
letter from the firm i perform the work
my voters card

My wife's docs
Her bank statement where she has maintained above 1000 pounds equivalent in INR
her advocate's card as she is professional lawyer
Marriage photographs (They didnt accept photo album they said just remove photos and give it )
Her IT returns
SKYPE CALL RECORDS & SKYPE SCREENSHOTS
JOINT BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT FOR marriage SUBSISTENCE PROOF

And Rest of all mandatory docs which are mentioned in guidelines. thanks guys hope this helps others.

sharbt_hvr

Post by sharbt_hvr » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi,
I applied the same but I was not advised to enclose all pages of my passport
(only front/last page and visa page).
Is there any way we can send the docs now?

rgds,
Sharbt_hvr

indian234

Post by indian234 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi,

I applied from VFS Hyderabad for my wife and I submitted only printed pages. Also, I havent submitted tenancy agreement. But, vfs centre guys insisted and we asked them to submit application without tenancy agreement. They then submitted and my wife got her visa.

I think now a days, vfs guys are asking too much and making people worry.

regards,

gaganjyot
Newly Registered

Post by gaganjyot » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:28 pm

i dont know whether u can send the docs later on or not. But if u were advised not to give it then your ok cos my wife was insisted to give them...

susheel

Re: Imp about tier 1 dependent visa my experience Pls read

Post by susheel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi

I am also giving all 37 Pages Xerox copy of passport. I do not want to take arisk. Now huge money have involved.

Thanks

Susheel
gaganjyot wrote:hi today morning 8th of june my wife went for visa application at VFS Mumbai North office. This was the first person there in morning and got her token number and was called out quickly. When they looked at the documents they said that everything else is fine but your husband's passports all pages copies are not there. My wife said that she has attached visa page and wherever there is immigration stamps. They insisted that they need all 36 pages copies of my passport. My wife asked what if i dont have then they said they can accept the appliaction but these days British High Commission is rejecting a lot of applications and you will loose all your fees it upto u. My wife got baffled and she came out of visa centre and it was 5 Am in morning in uk and i got a call saying this is the issue. All i had to do is scan all pages of my both passports as in my case my old passport has visa and i have renewed my passport now i have two passports. I scanned all the 36 pages on both passports and emailed it to her and she was in internet cafe downloading them and printing them off. What an inconvenience but what can we do, we have no choice as an applicant to make our application process smooth. She went back and afternoon 12:30 IST her application was accepted by VFS.

This is our experience i wanted to share as this forum has been very helpful to me in this visa application and also it will in my future extension which is due in may 2012.

Thanks guys if u want to ask anything u can ask me.

The documents i provided are :
My passport copies all pages
bank statement uk with maintaineance
my ni card copy
my tv license copy
my water bill
my self employed services contract
letter from the firm i perform the work
my voters card

My wife's docs
Her bank statement where she has maintained above 1000 pounds equivalent in INR
her advocate's card as she is professional lawyer
Marriage photographs (They didnt accept photo album they said just remove photos and give it )
Her IT returns
SKYPE CALL RECORDS & SKYPE SCREENSHOTS
JOINT BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT FOR marriage SUBSISTENCE PROOF

And Rest of all mandatory docs which are mentioned in guidelines. thanks guys hope this helps others.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 am

i take it all pages of passport have some kind of stamp or visa on them :?: