ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Traffic offences for same incident - BC application help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smkamran
Newly Registered

2 Traffic offences for same incident - BC application help

Post by smkamran » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:08 pm

In May 2008 I was convicted in court for the following 2 traffic offences:

1- LC20 : Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence
(due to Expired International license) - 3 points and £50 fine

2- MS60 : Offences not covered by other codes
(due to having provisional as well and driving on motorway) NO point and £50 fine

Both were on same occasion.

I am eligible to apply next month for citizenship but not sure if my application would be successful.

Please advise. Would be highly appreciated if someone with similar kind of case had success or refusal.

Kind Regards

VSAndroid

Re: 2 Traffic offences for same incident - BC application he

Post by VSAndroid » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:23 pm

smkamran wrote:In May 2008 I was convicted in court for the following 2 traffic offences:

1- LC20 : Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence
(due to Expired International license) - 3 points and £50 fine

2- MS60 : Offences not covered by other codes
(due to having provisional as well and driving on motorway) NO point and £50 fine

Both were on same occasion.

I am eligible to apply next month for citizenship but not sure if my application would be successful.

Please advise. Would be highly appreciated if someone with similar kind of case had success or refusal.

I think you will be okay - You have got no offences in last 12 months so its okay and I am sure they will take those 2 offences to be in a minor category.

Kind Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Did you attend court for the offences?

smkamran
Newly Registered

Post by smkamran » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Yes i did attend court
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Then you may well have a problem with applying for BC. I would seek legal advice before you submit your application. A competent legal professional may be able to plead it be issued with discretion..otherwise you'll have to wait until the court judgement is spent...which is 5 years from the date it was issued.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Casa wrote:Then you may well have a problem with applying for BC. I would seek legal advice before you submit your application. A competent legal professional may be able to plead it be issued with discretion..otherwise you'll have to wait until the court judgement is spent...which is 5 years from the date it was issued.
As far as I know You will not be able to apply until these points are wiped off your licence (read the rehabilition of offenders act in the guide for the BC application) - Moderators pls correct if I am wrong. They do not consider these as minor offences especially if your points etc... were given in the court.

I agree with Casa, & as he suggested, please seek legal advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm a 'she' Lionking007...but thanks for backing my advice :wink:

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Casa wrote:I'm a 'she' Lionking007...but thanks for backing my advice :wink:
Sorry Casa..... :wink:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:33 pm

It might be (more) economical for OP to first check if there is any conviction on his record and consult a solicitor only if he has one.

Offence(s) committed when driving on international licence have to be dealt with by the court as a matter of procedure, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there's a conviction (in context of ROA).
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:49 am

Good advice Sush...but I was assuming that the other offence of driving on a motorway with a provisional licence would in itself raise a problem with BC which was included in the court summons and attendance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:29 am

If the offences did not lead to a conviction but were only FPNs (even though issued by court), then that the offence(s) date back to 2008 make them irrelevant for BC application. Therefore, IMHO, important for OP to know for sure if these offences led to a conviction or not .. rather than assuming so and basing his action(s) on that.
[quote="3.2.3"]Caseworkers should note that if a fixed penalty notice or fiscal fine has been referred to a court due to the nonpayment of the fine or if the notice has been challenged by the applicant and subsequently upheld by the court then this is treated as a conviction for the purposes of the 1974 Act (as amended) or Rehabilitation of Offenders (N. Ireland) Order 1978 and will attract a "spentâ€
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wasimakram
Newly Registered

Post by wasimakram » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:21 pm

I was given 3 points and 60 pound fine through court.Reason, I passed my driving and got caught next day driving over the speed limit. Two years later I applied for taxi license and received Enhanced Disclouser crb check which was done on the behalf of council which showed no conviction.Is this Crb similar to that which is done by Home office ?If yes then
Does that mean points and fine given by court were not considered a conviction in my case? Thats I think what sushdmehta meant.
Correct me pls if I understood wrong.

smkamran
Newly Registered

Post by smkamran » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:02 pm

sushdmehta: Can CRB check reveal if the the offences led to conviction.

Also, can anyone advice finding right solicitor obviously not naming as it would be against the site rules. I guess.