ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA announcement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arnonel
Newly Registered

UKBA announcement

Post by arnonel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:27 pm

My question is related to this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -proposals

I have worked in the UK for 2.5 years of Tier 2 General. Current Tier 2 allows me to work in the UK until I have been here over 5 years.

Does the new announcement mean I will not be able to apply for ILR?

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:32 pm

It is applicable to the people entering on point based visas after Apr 2011 Check this.

arnonel
Newly Registered

Post by arnonel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Thanks.

So, my only option really is to stay with my current company.

I assume that if i move companies, I will have to re-apply for a Work permit, which means I fall into the post 1 April 2011 category, meaning I cannot settle.

Right?

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:40 pm

arnonel wrote:Thanks.

I assume that if i move companies, I will have to re-apply for a Work permit,
Work permits does not exists anymore and have been replaced by PBS visas. So if you apply for new employment then the prospective employer will have to get your visa or you can apply for Tier 1 general on your own.

arnonel
Newly Registered

Post by arnonel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 pm

manyaonisland wrote:

Work permits does not exists anymore and have been replaced by PBS visas. So if you apply for new employment then the prospective employer will have to get your visa or you can apply for Tier 1 general on your own.
semantics. you get my point though, right? If I apply through PBS, then i lose right to settlement. My best bet is to stay with current company until I can settle

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 pm

manyaonisland wrote:

Tier-1 general doesn't exist any more.!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.