ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Husband travel alone with his children?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vmulberry
Newly Registered

Can Husband travel alone with his children?

Post by vmulberry » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:37 pm

Hello, I have a question. We are hoping to travel to the USA in September but have two important family occasions on the same date in different countries. I may need to travel alone to attend my sister's wedding in the sates and my husband and two young children may follow a day or maybe two later.

They will be travelling on British passports and using the Visa Waiver Program. Can he travel with them alone without any special permission? My mother is now telling me that he needs a notarized letter stating he has permission to travel with them and has the mother's consent. Is this so?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:51 pm

IMHO should be ok to travel alone but passengers in said circumstances are usually advised to carry some form of documentation from the other parent consenting to the travel of the children. This negates the increasing factor of child abduction etc. It adds to the authenticity of such documentation when its notarised. Given that entry into the US for non citizens is usually a hassle at the best of times giving the relevant officials even a whiff of a cause for concern is something I wouldn't want to do. Its your call. Bon voyage.

vmulberry
Newly Registered

Great Thank you!

Post by vmulberry » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:09 pm

It's always best to check and back it up even then. Thanks for your help. I think it can never hurt to have a notarised letter to avoid the what ifs and if he doesn't need it then it's fine and dandy too.

Gosh you people are good! I bet you put a lot of people's minds at rest and out of their misery on this board.

Keep up the good work. It's so appreciated. Trust me! :D