ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MARRIED TO EEA CITIZEN CAN I WORK FULL-TIME?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tabascorez_2302
Newly Registered

MARRIED TO EEA CITIZEN CAN I WORK FULL-TIME?

Post by tabascorez_2302 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi,
I am married to an EEA citizen since Feb 2011. I have send my EEA2 application form already to the UKBA last week.

I am myself not from the EEA, can I work FULL TIME??

Thanks in advance.
Kunal

os_sbs
Newly Registered

Post by os_sbs » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:02 pm

yes, you can work full time. It might be a bit tricky to prove it to your employer (while you application is still in HO) but generally residence card you've applied for is only conformation of your rights which you already have (by being married to EEA national).
I would suggest you to show you COA from home office and possible make few printouts with relevant information from UKBA web site to explain your employer you legal status in the country.

bennyfak
Newly Registered

Post by bennyfak » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Yes you can, even more than full time and do over time with it.
cheers

tabascorez_2302
Newly Registered

Post by tabascorez_2302 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 pm

I mean, my visa is on a student basis! means 20hrs!
I havent received any letter of confirmation from the UKBA that they've receive my application. (but I have the tracking code for my parcel via royal mail.)

So is their anything term that the UKBA specified that by the time my application is there, I will be able to work full time?

Thank you all!

forumexpert
Newly Registered

Since you married your are on EEA spouse

Post by forumexpert » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Since you married your are an EEA spouse so you can work full time. As a EEA spouse your rights starts with your marriage. Residence card just comfirming your status. I married my wife in 2006 she is eea. Immediatelly after marriying my employer put me from part time to full time post.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:03 pm

What does your spouse do in the UK?

Your rights depend on what your EEA spouse is doing. If they are legally here, then you have the right to work.

Your student visa may make it easy to get a job while you are waiting for your Residence Card, even though technically your rights come from your family relationship.