ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at PEO Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kunald

ILR success at PEO Solihull

Post by kunald » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Earlier this week I got ILR at PEO Solihull. I entered in July 2006 on work permit and later switched to HSMP and then to Tier-1. I am currently employed and also self employed (Director of my own limited company). I reached the PEO 30 mins early and was given a token number on entry and the form was checked to see if I am using the correct version. My token number was called bang on time and I was seen by the caseworker straight away. The documents I submitted are:

A) FOR SELF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Letter from accountant.
2. Income & Expenditure account.
3. Balance sheet.
4. Dividend Vouchers.
5. Salary slips.
6. Business bank statements (12 months)
7. Current year P60. (eP60 countersigned by accountant)

B) FOR PAYE EMPLOYMENT:
1. Letter from employer.
2. Salary slips.
3. Personal bank accounts (12 months).
4. Current year P60.

C) Other documents:
1. Cohabitation proof - Council tax bills, House rent receipts, NHS Letters.
2. LiUK pass notification letter.
3. Original Degree certificate + NARIC accreditation.
4. 5 years P60 but the caseworker only took last 3 year's.

Although I submitted my educational certificates during HSMP approval (and mentioned that in SET-O form) but the caseworker wanted to see the documents. The caseworker also asked me for a copy of the first work permit. I only had a photocopy which she accepted.

I also made photocpies of all supporting documents as required by SET-O form but the caseworker told me she will make copies herself. After quick checks I was told all is OK and that I can collect my passports and other documents in 2 hours time. Went back after having lunch and my passport was ready for collection.

Thanks again to everyone in this forum. There is wealth of information here and it helped me immensely to prepare my case and present it in an acceptable way. Goodluck to all those who are applying in future.

psdesai
BANNED

Re: ILR success at PEO Solihull

Post by psdesai » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Congrates for the success. Could you please share what date did they considered when awareded you for the age.
Is it HSMP Application date Or HSMP Visa date?

thx
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

abbi123

Post by abbi123 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi
congratulation Kunal

you said you provided

B) FOR PAYE EMPLOYMENT:
1. Letter from employer.

did you issue letter for yourself or some one on behalf of your company issues (I assume your are emplyed and director of your own company)
if you have a copy do you mind send to personal id ...do let me know i can PM you my email address

await for yoru reply

psdesai
BANNED

Re: ILR success at PEO Solihull

Post by psdesai » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Congrates for the success.
(1) Could you please share what date did they considered when awareded you for the age. Is it HSMP Application date Or HSMP Visa date?

(2) Was your salary (or total earnings) where higher then the last extension?

Many thanks
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

kunald

Post by kunald » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:37 am

abbi123 wrote: B) FOR PAYE EMPLOYMENT:
1. Letter from employer.

did you issue letter for yourself or some one on behalf of your company issues (I assume your are emplyed and director of your own company)
if you have a copy do you mind send to personal id ...do let me know i can PM you my email address
await for yoru reply
The letter was from my employer with whom I have a permanent job. This is not from my own company. I used the standard format available in this forum. (A very short letter mentioning my position, salary and the date I am employed from.)
psdesai wrote: Congrates for the success.
(1) Could you please share what date did they considered when awareded you for the age. Is it HSMP Application date Or HSMP Visa date?

Many thanks
(1) The points they awarded me for age was same as the one that I claimed when I first made my HSMP application.
(2) Combined salary from PAYE and Self employment was higher than my previous application.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 am

kunald wrote:
abbi123 wrote: B) FOR PAYE EMPLOYMENT:
1. Letter from employer.

await for yoru reply
The letter was from my employer with whom I have a permanent job. This is not from my own company. I used the standard format available in this forum. (A very short letter mentioning my position, salary and the date I am employed from.)
psdesai wrote: Congrates for the success.

Many thanks
(1) The points they awarded me for age was same as the one that I claimed when I first made my HSMP application.
(2) Combined salary from PAYE and Self employment was higher than my previous application.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have also started do some freelance work in S/W Development recently and I do not want to setup a Ltd company. What documents do I need to show for ILR ? Or do you think it will be better to setup a limited Company then sole trader in terms of ILR?

kunald

Post by kunald » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:55 am

psdesai wrote:...do you think it will be better to setup a limited Company then sole trader in terms of ILR?
Sorry, I haven't got much idea about how the sole trader thing works. May be others who are more informed in the matter can comment.

riojamel

hi

Post by riojamel » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:52 pm

congrats
i m on 5 yerars workpermit since 2006 same emplyment since i entered*(old work permit)
do u know i need to follow codes of practice
i m getting paid according to my workpermit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: hi

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:57 pm

riojamel wrote:congrats
i m on 5 yerars workpermit since 2006 same emplyment since i entered*(old work permit)
i m getting paid according to my workpermit
Yes, you have to .. which has already been suggested to you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!