ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Our Marriage Visa Journey

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

optomisticgirl
Newly Registered

Our Marriage Visa Journey

Post by optomisticgirl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:26 am

Hello all!

My fiance and I are getting married Oct. 15th this year but won't be able to apply for our marriage visa until July 2012 (he makes the yearly amount but because of the expense of housing can't show the extra 400 a month that we can say is for 'me' and he doesn't get his promiotion until April 2012 and then of course we have to show 3 months pay stubs of that income when we file). So long process.

I just wanted to make sure we were on the right track and was wondering how long it took for other people's marriage visa to go through? I guess I just started this to have a place to put my thoughts really.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:13 am

I'm not sure where the monthly '£400 for me' comes from? You need to be able to show that you will have a minimum of £105.95 remaining weekly after rent or mortgage, council tax and any loan/credit repayments have been deducted from your income..as a couple

optomisticgirl
Newly Registered

Post by optomisticgirl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 am

Well yes, us as a couple but more importantly for me as the person who cant use British public funds to live on is what I meant.

Does anyone know the length (which I Know is verifies from case to case) of how long it is from when you send in the application to if they accept it?

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:23 am

optomisticgirl
Newly Registered

Post by optomisticgirl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 am

thank you for that link kitty. this may sound like a dumb question but would the marriage visa be the family permits one?

secretmsg
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by secretmsg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Casa wrote:I'm not sure where the monthly '£400 for me' comes from? You need to be able to show that you will have a minimum of £105.95 remaining weekly after rent or mortgage, council tax and any loan/credit repayments have been deducted from your income..as a couple
Hello Casa,

Just wondering why is it £105.95 should be remaining every week in the account?? is this any official figure provided from Home Office, or a approx. figure that you believe should be left in account? is this amount should be individuals or total from both account?

Thanks in advance..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:56 pm

The UKBA bases this on the Government's current level for Income Support for a couple without children. It's the joint total for a couple.
Bear in mind that you are only deducting rent or morgage, council tax and credit repayments. Not food, personal spending or other bills etc.
Last edited by Casa on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

optomisticgirl
Newly Registered

Post by optomisticgirl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm just ready to get this thing over with.. one of those things unti the visa is in my hand I'm going to worry about it.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Wish you luck with it all...that will be my first wedding anniversary :D
The visa you require is the settlement for spouse.