ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP applicant submittedb/w3 Apr 06 and 7 Nov 06 now for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingkhan9
BANNED

HSMP applicant submittedb/w3 Apr 06 and 7 Nov 06 now for ILR

Post by kingkhan9 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Hello There,

I applied for initial HSMP in Aug 2006 and my application approved Oct 2006 which is before 7 Nov 2006.

I am having little doubt whether I need to still write the Knowledge of language and life in UK test.

On the website it says

"Changes to the 'knowledge of language and life' requirement for settlement
Skilled and highly skilled migrants must now pass the Life in the UK Test if they want to demonstrate that they have met the knowledge of language and life requirement for settlement in the UK. "

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... nstrating/

Is this something changed after 6th Apr 2011. As far as I know there was some exception according to HSMP ILR Judicial Review policy. But is that exception in place now or not. Can someone please confirm.

Is there anyone applied recently and got approved without Life in the UK Test. Please let me know

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:13 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
kck9 wrote:1.Does this mean that I don't need to write life in UK test?
Yes. Read HSMP Forum judicial review (settlement) policy document.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!