ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

general HSMP Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPSeeker25
Newly Registered

general HSMP Question

Post by HSMPSeeker25 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:08 am

Hello,
I am thinking to apply for HSMP from outside of UK and then planning to search a job from outside of UK itself. This planning essentially put forward a question,
What if I don't go to UK in the prescribed 2 years. I again have to apply for HSMP, afresh, if I want to renew it after 2 years? or is there any other provision to get HSMP again after the expiry without entering UK?

Thanks

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:41 am

Hi,

If you don't go to UK in the prescribed 2 years you'll lose your HSMP
and be sure you should apply again.

HSMPSeeker25
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPSeeker25 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:55 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have few more questions,
1. If I don't go to UK even after having valid HSMP, will it be considered my negative point while applying for HSMP the next time?

2. If I go late (say 1 year after getting HSMP) to UK, is that fine?

Thanks in advance.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:58 am

If you go late (1 year after getting HSMP) to UK you can obtain not full 4 year extention. I think they'll give you only 1 year extention.
Also I think it will not be important for HSMP that you applied previously.
Do not hesitate start to collect you documents :)

purvil
Newly Registered

Experience Letter

Post by purvil » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:40 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for HSMP very soon. I am facing the biggest problem. I have worked in Australia for the 8 years and for the past 2 years I am working in India. I am a Chief Technical Officer/Project Manager.

Problem is, 2 companies i worked for in Australia has closed down. They do not exist anymore or either merged with another company. It would be very difficult to get their experience letter.

As long as I believe, It wont be possible to apply for HSMP without all the experience letter...is it correct? Please shed some light on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

rkc

Post by rkc » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:48 am

Hi Purvil,

I am slighly puzzled... you were the General Manager of a pharma company since the last 10 years in India, ummm, now suddenly you are a Chief Technology Officer/PM in India? If you were in India since last 10 yrs then how come you were working in Australia?

regards

purvil
Newly Registered

Puzzled

Post by purvil » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:26 am

Hi RKC,

I was expecting this question from some of the regulars...

Actually, my wife is general manager n working with pharma company for the past 10 yrs. All previous post I was putting on behalf of my wife. I didn't think it was much necessary to inform everyone in depth.

Unfortunately, we have received a refusal letter for my wife's HSMP. Even after submitting 3 pages long experience letter explaining in depth what was her uties as graduate level position and as a general manager level. Each n evey task was desiribed in a way that case worker would understand easily. I had also submitted organizational chart, showing her position and how many people working under her. But hey luck was not our side.

Now I am planning to apply on my basis, I am an IT professional having 10 years of experience. But the only problem is I can not get experience letter for the 2 companies i was working with.

Hope this explains well...n sorry for confusion.

Regards

rkc

Post by rkc » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:39 am

thought so...had read your previous posting where you did mention u having an offer but unable to put in an urgent treatment due to the application being in the name of your wife.

Yeah, this HSMP thingy is very painful...especially when you have an offer and then due to some silly rejection you end up in a mess. I am somewhat sailing in the same boat with interviews in the final stages with two cos in uk yet I cannot be confident that if I land up an offer, I will really end up working with them due to this uncertainty. The other frustrating thing is that UK cos are not so keen on sponsoring work-permits as they have to *prove* to the government that they were unable to find someone suitable in the EEA. I sometimes find the co-existence of HSMP and work-permits to be contradictory, in that HSMP encourages ppl to come to uk without a job yet at the same time discourages employers from sponsoring work-permits...

regards

HSMPSeeker25
Newly Registered

few more queries

Post by HSMPSeeker25 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:27 am

Hello all,
thanks for your informative answers.

I have few more questions in the same line,

1. I have offer letters and relieving letters from all my employers.
The letters mention the post and salaries but no exact duties.
e.g., it will say, "you will be working as Senior Design Egineer", and thats it! Is it fine for graduate level experience?

2. The 'HSMPform'.doc supports writing into it and printing it out.
Still can I fill in the form in my own handwritting after printing it out?
(stupid question...still want to play safe!)

Thanks in Advance.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:28 pm

Well i m not too sure if you can print the form out and fill it by hand...you need to read the instructions...as far as i know there are no such restriction...
I just came across your case and was interested in knowing y did your wife get rejection and whendid u get it...just wanting to know if u can submit a review application...i don't know if u have been reading my post but just to let u know i have been rejected twice on the grounds of employer reference letter twice before finally succeeding...u can either file a review application or submit a new one for ur wife again if u have a good experience letter for her....just let me know the reason..
i cud see that u might face some probs with your reference letter...