ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP - Tier 1 Extension clarification required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudimk
Newly Registered

HSMP - Tier 1 Extension clarification required

Post by sudimk » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Hello all,

My scenario is quite complex to explain, but I have tried to consolidate it below.

I currently hold a Tier 1 General visa issued on June 2009 which is valid till June 2012 (3 years). However, I have got my visa based on an HSMP approval letter. I am currently on leave to remain in the United Kingdom and living in the UK since 31-March-2010.

As you might be guessing, I plan to go for an extension next year to get an FLR for the next 2 years.

However, the complication in my scenario is as below.

My initial application for UK HSMP approval letter was on 14-Jan-2008. I learnt that my HSMP approval letter was approved and sent back to me by post by 12-Feb-2008.

However, due to postal issues, all my documents including the original HSMP approval letter was lost and I had to request for a reprint of the same, which arrived on my hand only by 16-June-2008. Since, the letter was valid for 6 months from the date of issue, I then applied for a UK Visa (Entry Clearance) in Dec 2008.

Unfortunately, my visa was rejected citing the reasons that I had not shown sufficient funds, in order to be granted an entry clearance. As, I was not convinced with the case worker's decision, I filed for an administrative review on 31-Dec-2008.

Eventually, on 25-May-2009. the decision was over turned by the case worker, indicating that I did show sufficient funds and would be granted an entry clearance. (They have also provided a letter to me indicating the same)

Henceforth, I applied for my entry clearance in about 3 days from the date of issue of that letter and I was granted a visa, valid till 05-June-2012.

Now, since June-2012 is impending, before the expiration of my leave to remain, I plan to go for further leave to remain on my Tier 1 Visa(FLR). I am unclear on what rules are applicable for my extension.

Could you please, help me understand, what rules are applicable for my visa extension ? Also, what would be my first successful application date ?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Sudarshan

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:38 pm

you fall under the rules in place before 6 april 2011 so follow guidance for them.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Using 14-Jan-08 as the reference, read the policy guidance to ascertain the points you may score for the various attributes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sudimk
Newly Registered

Post by sudimk » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:00 pm

innocentdevil wrote:you fall under the rules in place before 6 april 2011 so follow guidance for them.
Thanks for your response, Could you please elaborate ?

Regards,
Sudarshan

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:23 pm

You need 75 points in all attributes (Education, income, exp, age) to claim successful extn and ILR. For age you will get same points in extension and ILR which you had in your initial application.

Below income band was in place at the time of you applying for your initial HSMP application:

40 pts = £35,000
35 pts = £32000
30 pts = £29000
25 pts = £26000
20 pts = £23000
15 pts = £20000

You do not need to meet English language requirement but you would need to meet maintance funds requirement.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:10 pm

and also if you are applying ILR then you need to pass Life in the UK test .