ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abbegre
Newly Registered

help needed

Post by abbegre » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:45 am

Hi,
Can anyone has any idea about the language tests required for P.R

1. Is there any minimum marks required in these tests for P.R - Skilled worker application.

2. I have my IELTS score as :
Reading-3 , Listening-7,Speaking-6, Writing-5.5
I want to know that as I have scored 0 points ( below 4 ) in reading section of Ielts. Do I have to sit again for the test or this will be accepted.

Please help me on this.....

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:18 pm

It is up to you but if I were you I will retake it again. Spending a few bucks will help to solve this than wait for you to be asked again.
The reviewer of your application can decide to award marks for language as S-He seems fit and you would not be there to argue your case out.

You can also write an explanatory letter to them explaining you english proficiency but that would be at the discretion of the immigration officer reviewing your file.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:33 pm

I believe the minimum score you need to attain is 7 in each band to get the maximum points for language. There is no consideration of an overall score on its own. Note that IELTS/ TEF etc are the only objective/ factual assesment of your language skills. Writing to the visa officer with reasons and other evidence of your language ability is a subjective method of assesment requiring the visa officer to review a CIC manual several hundred pages in length - I'm sure saving them the trouble of this is a welcome factor.

I concur with the poster above that the op re-take the IELTS test after a long enough period of preparation. Given the skilled worker targets are being easily met coupled with restrictions on foreign students educated in Canada working in the labor market being eased I wouldn't risk a subjective assesment of my language skills unless the relevant language was my native tongue i.e. from birth.

rely

Post by rely » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:48 am

Kayalami wrote:I believe the minimum score you need to attain is 7 in each band to get the maximum points for language. There is no consideration of an overall score on its own. Note that IELTS/ TEF etc are the only objective/ factual assesment of your language skills. Writing to the visa officer with reasons and other evidence of your language ability is a subjective method of assesment requiring the visa officer to review a CIC manual several hundred pages in length - I'm sure saving them the trouble of this is a welcome factor.

I concur with the poster above that the op re-take the IELTS test after a long enough period of preparation. Given the skilled worker targets are being easily met coupled with restrictions on foreign students educated in Canada working in the labor market being eased I wouldn't risk a subjective assesment of my language skills unless the relevant language was my native tongue i.e. from birth.
I take it as that you have not yet filed your application.Now if you had not filed and planning to submit your application from visa post other than Buffalo,US , then this is applicable for you.
SAP is already in place.You are not required to submit any document while filing your application so IELTS not required now.Meanwhile prepare and join some coaching classes , if required by you and then rewrite it only when you receive intimation from the visa officer.They will contact you at least four months in advance for submission of additional documents , that covers IELTS also.So if you write this exam now then the chances are that you may have to write it again.Visa posts consider IELTS valid for one year from the date you write this exam.
rely

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:27 am

Rely wrote:
Now if you had not filed and planning to submit your application from visa post other than Buffalo,US , then this is applicable for you.
SAP is already in place.You are not required to submit any document while filing your application so IELTS not required now
Rely, I did not know SAP was already in place until September 01, 2006. Please read the details below from CIC. Unless ofcourse, you know something that we all do not know.
Have a nice day.

This is from CIC:
Simplified Application Process
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has introduced a new simplified application process for federal skilled workers and business immigrants.

Beginning September 1, 2006, most Federal Economic Class applicants will only be required to provide the modified application form (IMM 0008SW or IMM 0008BU) and processing fees at the time of application. Supporting documents will need to be provided only when the visa office is ready to assess the application.

Q2: When does the simplified application process come into effect?

The simplified application process comes into effect on September 1, 2006.

Q6: Why will the new simplified application process not be used by Buffalo and other U.S. offices?

Buffalo and other U.S. offices mainly process applicants who currently meet Canadian labour market needs. This means that most applicants are already in Canada and have some type of arranged employment. The regular application process will continue to apply since, by policy, these applicants are processed on a priority basis.

Q7: Can a foreigner living in the United States who has legal status submit a simplified application?

No. Since Buffalo will continue to use the regular application process, American citizens and other residents of the United States must submit a full application to our visa office in Buffalo, which will then forward it to the visa office closest to the applicant’s residence.